• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New shotgun import reg's open for a look...

Shane28

It's here... Read it and cringe... They seem to want or at least accepting comments before they implement this...
Breaking News for The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.
Most of the below PDF is bah bah bah, we did x in 89, y in 93 and z in 98 so this must be ok for us to do... Their Conclusion: 'The purpose of section 925(d)(3) is to provide a limited exception to the general prohibition on the importation of firearms without placing “any undue or unnecessary Federal restrictions or burdens on law-abiding citizens with respect to the acquisition, possession, or use of firearms….” Our determinations will in no way preclude the importation of true sporting shotguns.' IF you really believe this, I have some beach front property for sale in AZ... Oh found it... Ban the importing of any shotgun with even ONE of the below features...
(1) Folding, telescoping or collapsible stock.
(2) Bayonet Lug. (Do any come with this "evil" feature??)
(3) Flash Suppressor. (Any shotguns have these?)
(4) Magazine over 5 rounds, or a Drum Magazine. (None as imported that I know of...)
(5) Grenade Launcher Mount. (are there any??)
(6) Integrated Rail Systems. (One TOP rail is ok, no more...)
(7) Light Enhancing Devices.
(8) Excessive Weight. (What the heck is this???)
(9) Excessive Bulk. (Ditto above...)
(10) Forward Pistol Grip or Other Protruding Part Designed or Used for Gripping the Shotgun with the Shooter’s Extended Hand.
Therefore, it is the recommendation of the working group that shotguns with any of the characteristics or features listed above not be authorized for importation...

RE: Headquarters —ATF announces the publication of the Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns. To obtain comments from the affected industry, ATF will be accepting comments January 31, 2011, through May 1, 2011, at shotgunstudy@atf.gov
Please read it all here...
New shotgun import reg's open for a look...
http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Last edited: