Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Time to OC.

First Time to OC.

I am looking for someone around the St. johns area to OC with sometime. I have had my CCW for about two years now but have not OCed as of yet. I just don't have anyone to OC with in my area as none of my friends in the area have guns to carry. Just looking to go to the local Walmart and maybe lunch and learn some more about OC so I have all the info I can get. I can be reached at Bigdude0567@yahoo.com about a time and place to meet. Please let me know.

PM sent...

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Welcome

Welcome to OC!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helljumper09 View Post
    I am looking for someone around the St. johns area to OC with sometime. I have had my CCW for about two years now but have not OCed as of yet. I just don't have anyone to OC with in my area as none of my friends in the area have guns to carry. Just looking to go to the local Walmart and maybe lunch and learn some more about OC so I have all the info I can get. I can be reached at Bigdude0567@yahoo.com about a time and place to meet. Please let me know.
    I'm north of Lansing, Dewitt/bath area. I could do a meet-up in San Juan some time. PM me.
    Last edited by Venator; 01-28-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Dewtitt

What's that...a titt with dew on it? never been there before.

Don't you just hate it when you wake up before your keyboard does...

Hey Brian; he's about half way, what's say he picks a nice restaurant and we meet him for coffee there. Have a mini seminar...

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    Dewtitt

What's that...a titt with dew on it? never been there before.

Don't you just hate it when you wake up before your keyboard does...

Hey Brian; he's about half way, what's say he picks a nice restaurant and we meet him for coffee there. Have a mini seminar...
    Yep, wasn't awake and didn't spell check, that's why I count on you.

Well I do like a little moisture on my titts.

The lunch is fine with me.
    Last edited by Venator; 01-28-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Thanks guys! I might have some other people coming as well. Including my Mother, as she has her CCW as well. And possibly a couple of friends. I'm currently trying to see when everyone will be available and when. I'll let someone know before too long on where and when.

Thanks guys! I might have some other people coming as well. Including my Mother, as she has her CCW as well. And possibly a couple of friends. I'm currently trying to see when everyone will be available and when. I'll let someone know before too long on where and when.
    Some Place in St. Johns works for me. Big Boys??? KFC??? Mom and Pop restaurant??? Weekends work for me, except every other Saturday when I'm in Flint for the talk show.

Venator and I often hang out. I'll join in.

ETA: It's a CPL, not CCW. There's a HUGE difference.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I will be up in St. Johns next weekend for an AR shoot at the local gun club. If something is arranged for SAT and it doesn't fall during the shoot myself and a friend from the area likely would show up.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    I will be up in St. Johns next weekend for an AR shoot at the local gun club. If something is arranged for SAT and it doesn't fall during the shoot myself and a friend from the area likely would show up.
    Next weekend works for me. SATURDAY????

Think again my friend...
    that's the 5th...talk show and seminar are scheduled.
    Sunday would be good...noonish?

So guys, are we talking around the 6th. Let me see what I can do about gathering up some people and I'll get back.

Think again my friend...
    that's the 5th...talk show and seminar are scheduled.
    Sunday would be good...noonish?
    We have a show this weekend, next weekend we don't do we??? What happened to every other weekend? Your working me too hard.

Sunday may not work for autosurgeon.

You guys sort it out as to when it works best for evryone and then let me know. Also, am I gonna have to let the restaurant know we are going to be there or can we just walk in. I should know this ahead of time.

Yeah Sunday IS pretty much out... let me find out what time the AR shoot is over ... as Sat evening may work.

Also no for this type of meet we don't usually notify the business.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    We have a show this weekend, next weekend we don't do we??? What happened to every other weekend? Your working me too hard.

Sunday may not work for autosurgeon.
    yes we do. we had to "double" up to get back to John's schedule...remember. So we have two shows in a row, then back to every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Yeah Sunday IS pretty much out... let me find out what time the AR shoot is over ... as Sat evening may work.

Also no for this type of meet we don't usually notify the business.
    I think we have an OC seminar to do after the show. So it would be after 6:00 pm.

So Venator, What you are saying is possibly Saturday the 5th after 6:00 pm?

I am pretty sure after 6:00Pm would work for me... have to check with my buddy in St. Johns of course.. He will know how late the shoot is going.

So Venator, What you are saying is possibly Saturday the 5th after 6:00 pm?

Closer to 6:30 or so. But warchild may not be able to make it. Depends on his wife's health.

I am looking for someone around the St. johns area to OC with sometime.
    PM sent...
    Welcome aboard, helljumper! You may be a little nervous about OC'ing at first, but once you see the hat you'll realize a holstered handgun is nothing when it comes to potentially freaking the public out.

"The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

So about 6:30 seems to be the concensus. Does anyone have a preferred place to eat? I was thinking maybe Big Boys, Applebees or The WheeL Inn as they all have larger dining rooms. Anyplace is good really. Let me know so I can tell the people I'm bringing.
    Last edited by Helljumper09; 01-29-2011 at 12:44 AM.

So about 6:30 seems to be the concensus. Does anyone have a preferred place to eat? I was thinking maybe Big Boys, Applebees or The WheeL Inn as they all have larger dining rooms. Anyplace is good really. Let me know so I can tell the people I'm bringing.
    My preference for what its worth is I would rather stay closer to St Johns or south (shorter drive, will be coming from Flint.). Also if some doesn't have a CPL they can't Carry at any place that sells booze, unless they get permission from the manager/owner.

But I'm open to any place.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    My preference for what its worth is I would rather stay closer to St Johns or south (shorter drive, will be coming from Flint.). Also if some doesn't have a CPL they can't Carry at any place that sells booze, unless they get permission from the manager/owner.

But I'm open to any place.

That would be my preference too....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast