• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time to OC.

lil_freak_66

How about we avoid another Ponderosa incident if possible, hmmm?

Venator is getting too old for sudden charges of Adrenaline.

Ponderosa wasnt caused by a lack of permission(which was gotten in fact)

it was caused by a dispatcher not knowing the laws,but lets leave that dog asleep....i know how people get when they start gettin cabin fever and old disputes come back to light!

Im not saying dont ask for permission,im just stating that my opinion is for small gatherings i think its best not to,but if there is gonna be over a dozen people or so then it should be done.

Last edited:

Helljumper09

Lilfreak, it's good to see you might be coming. Wheel Inn may or may not happn as I'm waiting to see what the owner says. If no, I'm thinking maybe Big Boy's or Applebees. I don't know quite yet but will think of an alternative soon. Also keep me informed about future Lansing MOC dinners too. Thanks a lot.

scot623

Lilfreak, it's good to see you might be coming. Wheel Inn may or may not happn as I'm waiting to see what the owner says. If no, I'm thinking maybe Big Boy's or Applebees. I don't know quite yet but will think of an alternative soon. Also keep me informed about future Lansing MOC dinners too. Thanks a lot.

You would have to obtain permission from management for lilfreak to attend at Applebees(assuming he wants to OC).They have a liquor license and lil does not have his cpl yet.

Helljumper09

I forgot they have a licence. Well I got a call from the owner of the Wheel and he didn't want us coming in because we might scare his older patrons:banghead:. I told him all about how OC is legal in Michigan but he said it's nothing against us as a group but he would rather not have us come and somehow scare everyone out of the restaurant. :cuss:. Anyway, now we have to pick somewhere new to go and quickly before saturday. Anybody else have ideas?:question: I was now thinking more along the lines of Big BOys just down the street. No liquor licence to worry about and they should have enough of a dining room to fit everyone. Let me know.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I forgot they have a licence. Well I got a call from the owner of the Wheel and he didn't want us coming in because we might scare his older patrons:banghead:. I told him all about how OC is legal in Michigan but he said it's nothing against us as a group but he would rather not have us come and somehow scare everyone out of the restaurant. :cuss:. Anyway, now we have to pick somewhere new to go and quickly before saturday. Anybody else have ideas?:question: I was now thinking more along the lines of Big BOys just down the street. No liquor licence to worry about and they should have enough of a dining room to fit everyone. Let me know.

Screw'em, can't fix stupid.

Big Boy is fine. Don't ask permission, if we get there and theres a problem we will go somewhere else. We will only have about 8 people or so, smaller than many families that stop in to eat. Size shouldn't be a problem. KFC will take anyone if we have to leave.

FYI I have OC in that Big Boy without a problem.

Venator

Join us for dinner in St. Johns, MI

When: Saturday Feb. 5th 6:30 PM

Where: St. Johns Big Boy 1408 S US Highway 27 (989) 224-6828

Be sure to save your receipt so we can drop them off to the owner of the Wheel Inn.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

that's why i never ask permission, he most likely would not have turned a group away if you had just shown up. i would also like to see you guys drop off your receipts, let them know how much money they are missing out on.

Helljumper09

That is a great idea guys! I never thought about dropping oof the receipts at the Wheel to let them know how much money they lost out on. We will do that after the dinner some time. Is there any way for someone to bring some of the trifold to pass out? I would but I have no ink in my printer. Thanks A lot and see you guys there!:banana:

Venator

That is a great idea guys! I never thought about dropping oof the receipts at the Wheel to let them know how much money they lost out on. We will do that after the dinner some time. Is there any way for someone to bring some of the trifold to pass out? I would but I have no ink in my printer. Thanks A lot and see you guys there!:banana:
I'll have a couple.

lil_freak_66

I think thats a good idea,its been done before.take pictures and tell how many people there were,and that there were no issues(assuming there is none,which is extremely likely)

We certainly cant,and shouldn't force business owners to go one way or the other,but theres no problem at all with encouraging them and showing them good reasons why!

Helljumper09

Thanks guys for helping me put this together and bringing the info. I really appreciate all you gus do to inform the public and take time to set up such a dinner like this on such short notice. Also, Lil_Freak_66, let me know the next time you and TheQ go to Hooters or something. My buddies and I go from time to time and we could have a mini meet or something. Let me know, Thanks.