• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC Attacks John Moses Browning, the 1911 the Utah State Bird-Sucks Up to Bloomberg

CalicoJack10

I personally have 2 1911's that were used in the service of this country. One was carried by my grandmother as a WAVE in the U.S. Navy in WW2, and one that was carried by a vietnam veteran who credited it with saving his life on several occasions. By my account John Moses Browning is an American Hero. They are right to make the 1911 a state gun.

hardballer

Time to cancel your cable.

Problem solved!

Did that over ten years ago. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as MSNBS on the air. And if there was, Who gives a rats azz what they think. I carry one and I am grateful to Mr. Browning for his fine creation. Thumbs up to Utah... Hope they have the cojones to go through with it.

HandyHamlet

Amen brother. +1 here.

I'll add I once worked for a media corp. I am not kidding when I say all they care about is selling ad space.

Every time someone hits an MSNBC link here the CEO is one step closer to getting a larger deck on his summer place on Hilton Head.

Krusty

I'd like to see Bloomberg walk his own streets, alone, with no security forces. And after being mugged 3 or 4 times, let him choose what gun he would want to carry, if he were still alive at that point. And of course, refuse to let him carry. (Following his own policy!)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Browning is a freeking Nation Hero & Treasure, he created weapons that Won WW1 & WW2. Heck his weapons are still being used by the US Military 100 years later ! The Anti gun type are unAmerican Commies

Last edited:

smithman

I'd like to see Bloomberg walk his own streets, alone, with no security forces. And after being mugged 3 or 4 times, let him choose what gun he would want to carry, if he were still alive at that point. And of course, refuse to let him carry. (Following his own policy!)

Let's extend this invitation to all gun-grabbing liberals. Don't tread on me, baby.

Browning created some fine pieces and he deserves any additional recognition.