• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hickory, N.C. Question

Ricky

Live in the Hickory area and carry open 99% of the time. In the time I have been carrying about 2 years as I have been out of state I have NEVER seen anybody other than me carry open? Just wondering if I'm the only Open Carry in the area??....Any ideas....Thanks in advance

muccione

I live in Conover and OC all over the place..... I have only seen 1 other person and It was some wanabe that had some handcuffs tucked into the back of his pants. One cuff in the pants and 1 out....

jeffrey xd45

I'm fairly new to the whole oc thing, I live in hickory, on springs road. It would be nice to meet up for lunch or something. Any ideas?

Ricky

open carry meeting around Hickory, N.C. area

Fellas I don't drink I'm 45 yr old and would at some point like to grab a burger or lunch and discuss our knowledge of open carry and maybe we can learn from each other? I'm a former combat Marine and hope we can share ideas to educate the general public on our Love for Open Carry.....Keep in touch...rw3al3@embarqmail.com Thanks, Ricky Willis

Ricky

Some of the meeting classes on other pages get a lil too far from where we live, so if you want to drop me a lil more info on your work schedules maybe we can TRY and organize a get together.OR if you read and understand where and what the other meeting sites are doing close by feel free to let my know...mY cell is 828-638-5404 leave message,,,Thanks...RICKY

chiefjason

Been OC'ing around here about 2 yrs. CC a bit more now. My wife is not a fan of OC. But when it's me or me and the kids I generally OC. A local meetup might not be bad. I'm in Longview, technically. FWIW, Mama's Pizza has never had an issue when I OC in there. It's right by Home Depot on 70. Nice to see some local folks OC'ing.

jeffrey xd45

It would be nice to have a meet in hickory. I'm 25, been in the army national guard for 8 years spent some tme in iraq a year ago, also married and have 2 kids, currently unemployed so anytime will work for me. I don't drink either so a burger or pizza would be great.

muccione

I wouldn't mind meeting up at Mama's pizza... I'm 39 have 2 kids... Shoot.. Ill be 40 in a few weeks... I have days free and work a few nights a week.... I word all days next week... Lets do this....

Last edited:

Ricky

I wouldn't mind meeting up at Mama's pizza... I'm 39 have 2 kids... Shoot.. Ill be 40 in a few weeks... I have days free and work a few nights a week.... I word all days next week... Lets do this....

Got one of my girls flying up from Florida the first week of Feb then will be free...I be back after that and we can maybe make it happen