• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the Iowa Constitutional Carry Bill Promised by the NRA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight_Shooter

From "Iowa Firearms Coalition announces their 2011 legislation agenda"

"Iowa Constitutional Carry Bill – This NRA/IFC bill is the continuation of our march toward enacting a law requiring no permit for carrying or for the acquisition of firearms. After achieving a monumental change from decades of a “May Issue” system of issuing permits to carry to a “SHALL ISSUE” permit system, in a shortened session, we are moving forward just as we have stated with the next step: a piece of legislation that ensures our right to keep and bear arms is not infringed at all, just as our forefathers intended."

Hey Sean - where the heck is the "Constitutional Carry Bill" you promised?!

aadvark

Straight-Shooter:

Although it is a Nice Thought..., Enacting Constitutional Carry Post 'Shall Issue' Carry is, for ALL Pratical Purposes, simply NOT likely.

Unfortunately, Piece-Meal Legislation REQUIRES Intervals BETWEEN Legislative Sessions in Order to Advance an Agenda.

Changes, such as these, can take Several Years to Accomplish, or even Longer.

In The Case of Arizona, such Amendments took 17 Years.

aadvark

Last edited:

Straight_Shooter

Straight-Shooter:

Although it is a Nice Thought..., Enacting Constitutional Carry Post 'Shall Issue' Carry is, for ALL Pratical Purposes, simply NOT likely.

aadvark

I didn't ask if it was "likely" . . . I asked "where is it?"

McClanahan promised it . . . I want to see him follow through with his promises . . .

That's all . . .

aadvark

Straight-Shooter:

If The Man had Promised it, then, You have Every Right to be Upset should The Promise go Broken.

aadvark

Status
Not open for further replies.