Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Wal Mart patron talking on Cell Phone

  1. #1
    Regular Member xd40arff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    133

    Wal Mart patron talking on Cell Phone

    http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.co...wn-at-Wal-Mart

    I OC at our area Wal Marts all the time, but I guess maybe if I travel down there I'd better leave my cell phone at home. I wonder if this would be on similar grounds that Frank / Krytsa had on an illegal arrest happening.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170
    Wow, Really?!

    Where did probable cause happen in this case, I thought Terry V. Ohio got this crap straightened out so law enFORCEment would be pulling garbage like this anymore.
    At what point were the police able to corroborate the tipsters story from observation before their interference?

    A guy is having an argument over the telephone while in his vehicle, and the police refuse to let anyone in our out of the store?
    If I got caught in a lockdown situation like that, I would simply leave the store and most likely be arrested for what? Contempt of cop?
    WTF!?

  3. #3
    Regular Member CalicoJack10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arbor Vitae
    Posts
    559
    just out of purely morbid curiocity, I want to know why the guy was taken into custody if no crime was commited.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

  4. #4
    Regular Member xd40arff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    just out of purely morbid curiocity, I want to know why the guy was taken into custody if no crime was commited.
    Thats what I was wondering. It sounds like he could have himself a pretty good lawsuit.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Talking on a cell phone while putting away groceries is a crime nowadays. Sir, Your under arrest, just step out of the vehicle...Hold on Officer.....SIR STEP OUT OF YOUR CAR , NOW ! ........I said hold on I am talking to my lawyer ! Yes, Arrested for NO REASON, but the here say of a moron passerby. I would sue ! Once again...People do you still think you reside in a free country ? Where the Police can arrest you for doing NOTHING !
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  6. #6
    Regular Member TyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    775
    Well, those RF signals are probably slowly killing us all, so it was a form of attempted suicide.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    KPD responded to control the scene and ordered a lockdown of the store both to keep shoppers in and prevent the individual from entering the store.
    WOW! This sounds like an unconstitutional detainment by the GOVERNMENT Police to keep an entire population of innocent people locked up!

    A more appropriate action may have been a person near the door to advise patrons of what's going on outside and "leave at your own risk".
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    How could this happen? How did this nut get a cell phone?? We need some cell phone control laws--now! I suggest they ban hi-capacity batteries. No one needs to be able to talk for more than 30 minutes between charges.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    How does one misidentify a phone with a firearm?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member xd40arff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    How does one misidentify a phone with a firearm?
    Maybe he was talking on one of these.


  11. #11
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    According to the article:

    Hughes said no crime was committed and no additional information, including the person's name, would be released.
    HOWEVER, the person who made the 911 call most likely identified themself, and 911 calls are something we can FOIA, so perhaps someone should release the name of the fool who doesn't know an EVO from a Glock, and plaster this idiot's name and an MP3 of the frantic call of idiocy that created this potentially deadly situation all over the Internet.

    Had this been in MD, DC, or NYC, the guy in the car would probably have ended his call when the .308 round from a police sniper penetrated his cranium--THEN they would have "initiated contact"...

    Honestly, I DOUBT this was a "mistake". I think that the person who made the 911 call is somehow connected to the person this guy was having his cell-phone argument with, and they called it in to mess with him, which is even worse than a STUPID person calling in a MWAG call. Maliciously filing a false report is a CRIME, and besides it diverts valuable LE resources away from doing their REAL job, which is catching REAL bad guys...

    The caller should be publicly outed, because they are either an absolute fool, or they are intentionally filing false reports to mess with people...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    396
    A couple things about this story.

    First, We gotta take it at face value if that's all we have to go bye, but I've seen enough shoddy reporting to never automatically assume the reporter got his facts straight, especially in any issue that has a gun involved in their topic. Maybe the man was arrested and taken downtown but for all I know, the reporter is an idiot and the man was only detained on the scene and he just doesn't know the difference or doesn't care to even ask. Just reading the opening line about how the police diffused the situation with no injuries pretty much tells me that. There was no situation to diffuse other than the one that the caller, the 911 operater and the responding units all helped to create. The police did report that no crime was committed so the man was not charged. He may not even have been taken from the scene.

    Second, I'd love to hear the 911 call and the response by the operater. I wonder what kind of information the operater tried to solicit from the caller in order to get the most accurate information possible in order to relay that information to the officers answering the call? There have been instances of MWAG calls where the operater never even asks if the guy is holding the gun, menacing with the gun or if its simply in a holster on his belt. Maybe with better information being gathered, we could have less instances of overeaction or needless killing like what happened recently at the Costco in Las Vegas.

  13. #13
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by xd40arff View Post
    Maybe he was talking on one of these.

    please tell me thats real!

    would the battery come out with the magazine,for unloaded(california) carry?
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  14. #14
    Regular Member Lord Sega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Warrenton, Oregon
    Posts
    317

    What bothers me...

    Besides the "taken into custody" although "no crime was committed", is ...

    "No weapon was found and the individual was taken into custody without incident less than 20 minutes after police arrived on scene."

    ... how proud the article makes it sound for the LEOs to have beaten their time record.

    If it was a real situation, rather than a cellphone, how long would it have taken then ?!?

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The other thread is the duplicate. If duplicate threads matter so much, it is easy to tell which one is the duplicate.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    How could this happen? How did this nut get a cell phone?? We need some cell phone control laws--now! I suggest they ban hi-capacity batteries. No one needs to be able to talk for more than 30 minutes between charges.
    Indeed! Also, let us not forget about the children. According to this article (http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-texting...,3387288.story) kids who are "hyper-texters" are more prone to smoke, do drugs and have sex. We should ban texting altogether! Write your representatives now!
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    Indeed! Also, let us not forget about the children. According to this article (http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-texting...,3387288.story) kids who are "hyper-texters" are more prone to smoke, do drugs and have sex. We should ban texting altogether! Write your representatives now!
    But sneak up on it. Start by banning high-capacity texts. No texts over 10 characters.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.


    Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

  19. #19
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by MK View Post
    A couple things about this story.

    First, We gotta take it at face value if that's all we have to go bye, but I've seen enough shoddy reporting to never automatically assume the reporter got his facts straight, especially in any issue that has a gun involved in their topic. Maybe the man was arrested and taken downtown but for all I know, the reporter is an idiot and the man was only detained on the scene and he just doesn't know the difference or doesn't care to even ask. Just reading the opening line about how the police diffused the situation with no injuries pretty much tells me that. There was no situation to diffuse other than the one that the caller, the 911 operater and the responding units all helped to create. The police did report that no crime was committed so the man was not charged. He may not even have been taken from the scene.

    Second, I'd love to hear the 911 call and the response by the operater. I wonder what kind of information the operater tried to solicit from the caller in order to get the most accurate information possible in order to relay that information to the officers answering the call? There have been instances of MWAG calls where the operater never even asks if the guy is holding the gun, menacing with the gun or if its simply in a holster on his belt. Maybe with better information being gathered, we could have less instances of overeaction or needless killing like what happened recently at the Costco in Las Vegas.
    I think taken into custody indacates arrest more then detained at the scene. Also am I missing something? Is there more to the story then in the link? I didn't see anything about a 911 call, only that a passerby stopped a Kirksville Police officer and said they had seen an individual acting erratically. Any case the cops need to get a grip.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    How could this happen? How did this nut get a cell phone?? We need some cell phone control laws--now! I suggest they ban hi-capacity batteries. No one needs to be able to talk for more than 30 minutes between charges.
    I maintain that cell phone batter life should be limited to 10 minutes. If this clown were not allowed to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, someone could have intervened sooner. If he were limited only to 10 minutes his communication rampage would have ended before so many people had been upset.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    But sneak up on it. Start by banning high-capacity texts. No texts over 10 characters.

    Some of these phones are able to send the same txt to multiple contacts at the same time.
    With only ONE push of the send button.

    Only one txt should be sent per button push, unless you want to pay a $200 tax of course.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Some of these phones are able to send the same txt to multiple contacts at the same time.
    With only ONE push of the send button.

    Only one txt should be sent per button push, unless you want to pay a $200 tax of course.
    Older fully-automatic texters should be exempt from the law. Of course, the desirability for these automatics on the part of collectors and users should drive the prices ridiculously high, to the point where an automatic that would otherwise cost hundreds, would instead cost tens of thousands.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Older fully-automatic texters should be exempt from the law. Of course, the desirability for these automatics on the part of collectors and users should drive the prices ridiculously high, to the point where an automatic that would otherwise cost hundreds, would instead cost tens of thousands.

    And we must also ban any phone that shares three or more of the same cosmetic features as a "fully-automatic texter".
    Because they look really scary.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

  24. #24
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811
    Of course,its a "destructive device"
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    please tell me thats real!

    would the battery come out with the magazine,for unloaded(california) carry?
    It looks like something Pasis Hilton would own. It probably comes with 3 magazines with 2 of them for batteries (incase the batteries die during mid texting) and with the third magazine the gun/phone acts as a flashlight so you can find the key hole to unlock your car door or house door.
    Last edited by 9MM Owner; 01-31-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •