• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer P250?

XDFDE45

It had good ergonomics, good looks, and it was a Sig. However, unlike most Sigs, the 250s use a long DAO trigger.
Actually the DAO trigger on the 250 is only 5.5-6.5 lbs. and you can get either the regular trigger or one with a shorter trigger for those like myself you don't like the long DAO trigger on the SIG's.

Gaidheal

I've been looking at XDs a lot recently, nice guns. Anyway, you mention 10 mm, so I will say again; it's a fantastic calibre and I love it. However; full-power loads are powerful and low power loads might as well be in cheaper .40 S&W. The guns are limited numbers of models, heavier, larger and more expensive. Ammunition is not cheap, though it can be had in good quality (I.E. suitable for practice as well as self-defence, though better SD loads exist) cartridges for about the same price as similar quality .45 ACP.

I like "Real Ten" but I wouldn't want you to go down that route with your eyes closed. :¬)

sfmiller08

When I was picking out my current EDC gun I shot most of the popular 40s on the market, including the Sig P250. At first glance I really liked the gun. It had good ergonomics, good looks, and it was a Sig. However, unlike most Sigs, the 250s use a long DAO trigger. During slow firing exercises the long hammer (a piece of stamped and rolled plate steel) creeps back slowly toward you without any real indication of when the gun is going to fire. It was actually a little unsettling because the extra long trigger pull made it difficult to predict when the gun was going to go bang. I also didn't care for the exposed stainless rails that were visible from the back of an otherwise all black gun. It just felt like a much cheaper alternative to a 229, which - I suppose - is basically what it is.

For me, the DAO trigger was an absolute deal breaker. Had the P250 had a standard DA/SA trigger like the 229, I probably would have one instead of my XD.

I think that the P250's trigger is something that anybody looking at the gun needs to consider.

I have to agree with you there sir, i just recently purchased a Sig P250 in .40 S&W and i ******* hate the long trigger pull, its accurate and reliable, but honestly the trigger pull is my only complaint. I feel like it takes me ten minutes to pull the trigger back each time I fire.

Eeyore

The Glock 19 I fired was okay, it shot well but it didn't fit well in my hands. The XD-9 I fired felt better in my hands and seemed like a really good pistol. The trigger pull on it was very crisp. I still have other contenders in the back of my head that I'd like to try though, like an EAA Witness or a Ruger P95.

If you're auditioning XDs and Glocks, don't overlook the S&W M&P.

If you're looking at EAA, consider their EZ, which is a Serbian knock-off of a Sig P226 and very economical. The Witnesses appear to be faithful copies of the CZ75, although their polymer-framed versions are perhaps the ugliest firearms on the planet.

rotorhead

I was at the range today with a friend and tried the P250. I could have ran to McDonald's, ate, and came back between the time I started pulling the trigger and when the bang came. We both agreed it wasn't something we wanted to even work with there.