• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Report of armed man leads to lockdown at Wal-Mart

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kirksville, Missouri

I'd say sever overreaction - do they lock down stores with every 911 call?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Unbelievable. Taken into custody? For talking on his cell phone while sitting in his privately owned vehicle in a Wal-Mart parking lot? I'm glad Wal-Mart security staff here in Colorado have a lot more brains than the Kirksville police department.

Cell phone. Privately owned vehicle. Taken in custody... :eek: :mad: :banghead:

I'm going to touch base about this with my friend in the local police department tomorrow, as I'd really hate to see this sort of response here. At the very least, it would result in a rather large and public lawsuit - not good for anyone.

I was going to post something on the news page, but Gatehouse Media wants WAY too personal information: Email: .First Name: .Last Name: .Phone: - - .Address: .City: .State: .Zip:... Really? They're not asking for SSN, birthdate, or mother's maiden name? Or is that on page two of the registration?

Missouri used to be called the Show Me state. With actions like this, they'll soon come to be known as the Blow Me state.

Last edited:

William Fisher

Definately an over reaction. I didn't see anything about a 911 call but that a passerby stopped a Kirksville Police officer.

MKEgal

since9 said:
I was going to post something on the news page, but Gatehouse Media wants WAY too personal information: Email: .First Name: .Last Name: .Phone: - - .Address: .City: .State: .Zip:... Really? They're not asking for SSN, birthdate, or mother's maiden name?
I just registered, and they don't check any of the info other than email (they send a confirmation link). So make up data: Joe Blow of Anytown, WA, with a zip near you, and the phone is (your area code) 555 1212.
That's one reason I have a gmail account - almost all registrations for web pages go there.