• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Law Enforcement Member.

DeputySheriff

Welcome to the forum DS. As you can already tell, you will encounter a wide range of views, and of personalities here. Rational discussion is always welcomed.

Thanks for the welcome, I lurked "in the shadows" for quite a few months and I am sure there are many other officers lurking. When I saw that my views and opinions were pretty much the same as the majority of the members on this forum is when I decided to join.

MamaLiberty

Welcome, DeputySheriff. I was very sorry to see this head off into a ******* match from the start, but glad to see you've hung in here long enough for the dust to settle. :) Just remember that there are all kinds here, and some have a few rough edges remaining.

Hope you will visit the other parts of the forum as well. Lots of good folks here and too many topics to even begin to keep up with. Don't be shy about starting discussions, however. Some of us look for that sort of thing and we can have some good talks if we all keep a civil tongue in our fingers... or something like that. Metaphors are more difficult on line. LOL

Oh, and BTW, I'm an old lady out west - in rural Wyoming - and I carry an XD .45 openly all the time. We don't much tolerate anybody but "peace officers" around here. :) I know several of them well.

DeputySheriff

Thanks MamaLiberty.

Nice choice for your carry piece. I have a friend who carries an XD Service, another who carries an XDm, and a lady friend who carries an XD SubCompact.

I'm hoping to add this XDm .40 to my collection sometime.

Freedom First

Welcome.

Jeesh. These kids don't know how to act around guests... :lol: Sorry.

I am a big fan of LEO. My LE guys here in Kennewick do a great job and have never messed with me for OC. They look and drive on. They have more important things to do. Lots of drug gangs in the area that needs stomping.

I wish there was a stomping smiley... Now THAT would be cool. :banana:

CharleyMarbles

Sorry DS not sure if I got off my soapbox long enuff to welcome you or not LOL but I'll do it now just to be sure we got it covered :) Hope to be able to have a chance to hear your oppinions in the future till then I wish you all the best :) AND FOR GOD'S SAKE STAY SAFE OUT THERE ! ! ! !

sultan62

Welcome DeputySheriff. Hopefully Mr. Ron will honor his promise to stay gone.

I hope you won't let his comments fool you; you've seen the reactions of the members here to you. We are unappreciative of any troll, whether they wear a badge or not.If you really want to get an impression of RonManci, simply check out the forum he mentioned. I believe it speaks for itself.

However, that is irrelevant. Again, welcome! I believe you will provide valuable input here at OCDO and receive the same!

ronmanci

Welcome DeputySheriff. Hopefully Mr. Ron will honor his promise to stay gone.

I hope you won't let his comments fool you; you've seen the reactions of the members here to you. We are unappreciative of any troll, whether they wear a badge or not.If you really want to get an impression of RonManci, simply check out the forum he mentioned. I believe it speaks for itself.

However, that is irrelevant. Again, welcome! I believe you will provide valuable input here at OCDO and receive the same!

What's a troll?

Ddave

I didn't say all 24,000 people. I wouldn't exaggerate like that. But if anyone would like to see how I have been welcomed. Feel free to read the thread I joined in "Washington". "LEO issues" Judge for yourself. Read it from the beginning and tell me how cordial it is. Maybe I got involve with the wrong bunch, who knows. I only joined a couple of days ago and have had mostly, resistance. Not all. Sorry, but it's truley what I have experienced here. I want to enjoy it, believe me. I agree with the issues at hand. And by the way, your very sarcastic.

COP or Not COP..... either way We are all CITIZENS of the U.S. and we carry Weapons on our person everyday. Lets learn from each other and be cordial - Respect on BOTH sides will assist our learning experiences. We have things in common.

Chap

I have no problem with people posting opinions.

We all learn from hearing different opinions.

Chap

MedicineMan

WELCOME !!!!!

We need a LOT more officers to come over to the "light side".

Don't be afraid to say what area you are in.
You might find new friends to share common interests with.

Sorry you think some here are "cop bashers".
But I can sympathize with them sometimes.

I happen to be able to confirm that there are some real "winners" wearing a badge.
But I'm just a dispatcher, so what do I know..... LOL <---- (yes, that's a joke cause I "DO" know and it's sad sometimes.)

Anyway, just realize that we all aren't jaded like some here may be, and your "brothers" in other areas of the country are sometimes VERY different than down here.

And I happen to also KNOW that 80%+ of LEO's in MS are the best people you could possibly ask for, doing a sometimes thankless job, for very little money.

Thanks for all you DO !!!

Last edited:

DeputySheriff

I happen to be able to confirm that there are some real "winners" wearing a badge.

I know exactly what you mean, I call them "supercops". They are the ones that tase 80yo women or beat the crap out of shackled inmates etc, etc. It only takes one to make the whole department look like a bunch of green toothed inbred rednecks that are wearing badges and looking for fights.

I despise supercops and refuse to associate with them, my department has a couple but fortunately they have no rank or direct dealings with the public, I hope they never do and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way.

If any LEO reads this and says their department doesn't have any supercops, then you are either one of them, naive, or your department is extremely lucky.

There are also people that hate cops - All cops, their reasons, if there are any, vary. This is why everyone I deal with, even if you are being as courteous to me as I am to you, I never let my guard down and I have a plan to defend myself at all times.

There are more chances of things escalating when a supercop meets someone who hates cops. That is why if you feel your rights were violated, do not try to "fight" or "educate" the cop on the street as this could cause you to go straight to jail or, straight to the hospital then to jail afterwards or even worse, straight to the coroners office. Do it by making formal complaints or by our court system.

Gunslinger

I know exactly what you mean, I call them "supercops". They are the ones that tase 80yo women or beat the crap out of shackled inmates etc, etc. It only takes one to make the whole department look like a bunch of green toothed inbred rednecks that are wearing badges and looking for fights.

I despise supercops and refuse to associate with them, my department has a couple but fortunately they have no rank or direct dealings with the public, I hope they never do and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way.

If any LEO reads this and says their department doesn't have any supercops, then you are either one of them, naive, or your department is extremely lucky.

There are also people that hate cops - All cops, their reasons, if there are any, vary. This is why everyone I deal with, even if you are being as courteous to me as I am to you, I never let my guard down and I have a plan to defend myself at all times.

There are more chances of things escalating when a supercop meets someone who hates cops. That is why if you feel your rights were violated, do not try to "fight" or "educate" the cop on the street as this could cause you to go straight to jail or, straight to the hospital then to jail afterwards or even worse, straight to the coroners office. Do it by making formal complaints or by our court system.

"Supercops" are custom made for 18 USC 242. Plenty of room in Federal Prisons. And more and more are ending up there. No immunity in Federal Court. None. And filing a 42 USC 1983 at the same time means he won't have to worry about keeping up his house payments in prison. You'll own it. Good post.

Last edited:

ronmanci