Thread: Coyotes and Lautenberg legislation

Coyotes and Lautenberg legislation

‘Coyote Derby’ will help whitetail deer herd; Gun bills won’t help anybody

Evergreen State hunters interested in helping the whitetail deer herds north of Spokane (while driving Seattle-area animal rights advocates bonkers) should use this weekend to zero in their varmint rifles, because – according to a flyer circulating across the Internet – a month-long “Coyote Derby” is about to open with a Weatherby Vanguard .223-caliber rifle and scope combination being the grand prize.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...t-help-anybody

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4pt7lz8

This is like the "back and forth" that went on in Alaska during the '70's. First it was the animal rights activists that wanted the wolf hunts stopped. Then it was the Hunters that pointed out that the growing wolf packs were causing a decline in the Moose herds. When they started hunting the wolves again, then there were too many moose and everyone bitched about the damage they caused as they came into town and fed on gardens.

Now if we could just find a balance, just like Mother Nature used to take care of without human help.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    <SNIP>

Now if we could just find a balance, just like Mother Nature used to take care of without human help.
    That would require removing the human equation and letting things fall as they may, regardless of the effects on sporting or animal populations. Its far too late for that.

Nature doesn't always balance itself out to the satisfaction of man.

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    That would require removing the human equation and letting things fall as they may, regardless of the effects on sporting or animal populations. Its far too late for that.

Nature doesn't always balance itself out to the satisfaction of man.
    You're right. It would probably require that we let some animals eat more people.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-29-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    You're right. It would probably require that we let some animals eat more people.
    Wow, not a hunter.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Its bound to happen, with more and more human encroachment into animal habitats. Its especially noticeable in Alaska where there is so much more undisturbed and un-managed area from which animals move when conditions move them from one area to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Wow, not a hunter.
    I've only shot at living things that shot, or would shoot, at me. That does exclude, of course, all the targets I shoot at every year to the tune of 8-10 thousand rounds per year.

Don't have anything against hunting or hunters, just my choice.