• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Saturday Breakfast 1/29/11 @ River City Diner - I-95 & Parham Rd

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There is quite a bit of lack of action to discuss, as well as some action in the pipeline.

We have been granted permission to discuss both the weather and politics as well. Something about the riots in Egypt has won all the Internets. You judge for yourself: "Apparently he's waiting for Hillary to tell him to do something so he can do the exact opposite while looking for someone to bow to." Personally, I thought "Apparently "frequent daily briefings" does not mean repeatedly changing his shorts" was going to be the winner.

At the forum where that was uttered there is a fellow from the Midwest who has reduced the price of snow to $0.17 per bushel, plus postage and handling. Let me know if you are interested in getting any.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There is quite a bit of lack of action to discuss, as well as some action in the pipeline.

stay safe.

I wouldn't be so sure of that Skid. I've been to Surry today.:lol:

I'm going to make the drive back in the morning for breakfast.

Mr H

We have been granted permission to discuss both the weather and politics as well. Something about the riots in Egypt has won all the Internets. You judge for yourself: "Apparently he's waiting for Hillary to tell him to do something so he can do the exact opposite while looking for someone to bow to." Personally, I thought "Apparently "frequent daily briefings" does not mean repeatedly changing his shorts" was going to be the winner.

At the forum where that was uttered there is a fellow from the Midwest who has reduced the price of snow to $0.17 per bushel, plus postage and handling. Let me know if you are interested in getting any.

stay safe.

Dang...

If it wasn't 2.5h AND short notice, we'd be there.

Have a great time.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Dang...

Have a great time.

PM me with your contact info and I'll get you set up. I might get the price of snow down a few cents per bushel if the weather pattern holds through the night.

Otherwise, look for something either here or in the other thread.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dang...

Have a great time.

Will be repeating the performance next week-end by popular demand.
Advance seating is available on-line through TicketMaster, note that orchestra and front row balcony reservations are still open.....:D

tcmech

I am going to visit a friend in between Richmond and C-ville in the morning. What time are you trying to do breakfast. I will swing in for breakfast on the way if I can.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great breakfast and good company and conversations till lunchtime...then three of us stayed for lunch:D

Really no notice of us except one woman in a red shirt whose eyes got wide and her mouth flopped open when she saw my smallish gun.

She still looked like she was standing on a snake a half hour later when she left. I expect she was from up North. Her purse looked like a carpetbag.:uhoh:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Burp!

Somebody did forget to say 9:30 start time didn't they? When I left after 1:00, there were still two there eating! On top of good food and friendly service, they now have "get one free" after five meals/visits.

sidestreet

Yep, the best five and half hours I've spent in a long, long time...,

food, service, conversation, and company was nothing short of awesome! I was so pumped up after I got home, I couldn't go to sleep for another three hours! Thanks guys, I really had a great day.

For everyone else who couldn't make it, I'm truly sorry that you missed it, ya' just gotta be there sometimes though.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.