• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just re-newed NRA meambership

zack991

After two years of not renewing due to how the NRA mishandled several huge things, I felt I needed to start giving again considering no one group is perfect. Even though I give to other groups I felt it does not kill me to give 25 bucks every year to the largest Gun lobby in the country to fight for me and others. I am not going to get into or answer why questions, if you want to know use the search button. I would encourage others who felt the same way I do to do the same, it does me no good not too.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
After two years of not renewing due to how the NRA mishandled several huge things, I felt I needed to start giving again considering no one group is perfect. Even though I give to other groups I felt it does not kill me to give 25 bucks every year to the largest Gun lobby in the country to fight for me and others. I am not going to get into or answer why questions, if you want to know use the search button. I would encourage others who felt the same way I do to do the same, it does me no good not too.

I asked yesterday on their linkedin page if they were going to man up and make a public statement against further federal infringement, or just posture when bills are introduced.

What do YOU think.

Yes, I'm a member.

zack991

I asked yesterday on their linkedin page if they were going to man up and make a public statement against further federal infringement, or just posture when bills are introduced.

What do YOU think.

Yes, I'm a member.

I think they should have been out there in force from the get go, doing more than just sending condolences to the family's. It could have been as simple as encouraging the local AG to bring the hardest charges against that nut job. Maybe even helped the family's who loved ones had passed one way or another. Do more than the typical we are sorry this has happened letters, it would certainly help move the heat off of gun owners to the scum bag that did it. They did make a statement finally though.

The National Rifle Association generally has kept a low profile in the days since the Tucson, Ariz., shooting rampage this month that killed six and wounded 14, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But the group has begun to push back at congressional proposals to tighten gun laws, warning lawmakers not to chip away at gun rights. "Even while our country was respecting the heartache of the people of Tucson and waiting for the full facts of the case, anti gun activists were renewing their push for more gun control laws," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, in a Wednesday letter to members of Congress.

Read About It: The Washington Times

Posted: 1/20/2011 10:02:55 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...n/19/nra-to-congress-dont-mess-with-gun-laws/

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
As long as they stick to the 2A's original argument, without limiting it to their previous "hunting" and "self-defense" arguments, I will consider rewarding them with an annual membership, if and when they're successful.