• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airport securitysays seven centimetre toy gun was a "firearm".

Haz.

These dunderheads are about as bright as the Aussie airport security officials.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...toy-is-a-firearm/story-e6frfq80-1225995877802

A COUPLE has been left stunned after airport security told them their seven centimetre toy gun was a "firearm".

Ken Lloyd and his wife bought a toy soldier figurine – complete with the tiny rifle – during a visit to the Royal Signals Museum at Garrison, Blandford, UK.

However the pair was shocked when airport security barred them from passing the checkpoint with the tiny toy.

At just seven centimetres long and made of plastic, the device could hardly be mistaken for the real thing.

Mr Lloyd said his wife demanded a “reality check”.

“The antenna was individually scanned as suspect and as the figurine’s SA80 rifle was pulled from the box, the security search officer contacted her supervisor,” Mr Lloyd told the Daily Echo.

Turned away from the security checkpoint, Ms Lloyd returned to the airport concourse and bought an envelope to post the toy home.

JoeSparky

Centurion
That this happened is absolutely ridiculous! More and more reason to abolish the UNCONSTITUTIONAL DHS and many other monstrosities that the federal government has forced upon us!

MKEgal

Hey Joe... read the article, or even just the bit that Haz posted.
This happened in ENGLAND.
Ken Lloyd and his wife bought a toy soldier figurine – complete with the tiny rifle –
during a visit to the Royal Signals Museum at Garrison, Blandford, UK.

Yeah, I agree that this is stupid.
Yeah, I agree that someone in our TSA would do the same thing.
(Never mind the legal definition of a firearm.)
But this wasn't our TSA.
This time...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!

The security apparatus cannot even distinguish between a 1/8 scale lump of plastic that is not really a gun and a real gun! People are supposed to feel safe when "protected" by such morons?

Haaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!