Thread: The correct LEO Response to Open Carry

The correct LEO Response to Open Carry

Last night I held a bit of an impromptu OC Meet & Greet with Romans116 (new member here). A couple others couldn't make it.

We met up at Baja Fish Tacos in Lake Forest (right off the 405, near the OC SD sub-station).

We hung out for about 2 hrs. While at the table eating dinner, a couple of Sheriff's Deputies also stepped in for dinner. They glanced at my holster a couple times walking between the register and the drink fountains, but not one demanded an (e) check or even disturbed us.

Progress?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    Last night I held a bit of an impromptu OC Meet & Greet with Romans116 (new member here). A couple others couldn't make it.

We met up at Baja Fish Tacos in Lake Forest (right off the 405, near the OC SD sub-station).

We hung out for about 2 hrs. While at the table eating dinner, a couple of Sheriff's Deputies also stepped in for dinner. They glanced at my holster a couple times walking between the register and the drink fountains, but not one demanded an (e) check or even disturbed us.

Progress?
    What? No media? No Brady Campaign protesters?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

What? No SWAT? No gun in your face?

i heard OCSD learned their lesson. OCP hasn't.

This type of LEO response happens to me every day.

Outside of events, where we called and set up a training time for the LEOs, I have only been checked once.
    It was so much 'show' that even the Sgt was laughing and saying it was for show.
    We even got some good advice on using snap caps in our unloaded mag to add wieght, and speed in the reload.
    I see local LEO's almost daily, and have never had a problem with them.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Yes, that is in fact progress, very good progress. Got any video?
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Yes, that is in fact progress, very good progress. Got any video?
    Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders But I did have a friendly witness who was shocked, to say the least, that they didn't drop their trays, draw their guns and tell us to get down on the ground. There was nothing worth keeping on my recorder so I deleted the audio. Maybe next time Romans116 will opt to carry and hopefully OCKimber and moonbootmatt will be able to make it as well.

I kept the event impromptu as to avoid any pre-emptive altercation by the anti-liberty people who troll these forums. Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.

Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders But I did have a friendly witness who was shocked, to say the least, that they didn't drop their trays, draw their guns and tell us to get down on the ground. There was nothing worth keeping on my recorder so I deleted the audio. Maybe next time Romans116 will opt to carry and hopefully OCKimber and moonbootmatt will be able to make it as well.

I kept the event impromptu as to avoid any pre-emptive altercation by the anti-liberty people who troll these forums. Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.
    That's a fantastic idea. Make sure you bring the "bulky video recorder" for that... :-)

met with a small group(5 total), all OC'ing, to talk about an upcoming dinner.
    After the meeting, we stood outside the shop talking, saying bye, and stuff, for about 10 minutes,

Antioch PD drove through the lot, smiled and waved.
    PD was not called. normal route.

Glad it went well! I'll be there next time.

Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders...

Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.
    Sign suggestion: "Open Carry? Si, se puede !"

As for bulky video cameras, there is a Flip video (Gen 3), 8 GB, 2 hour record time camera in that home-made pouch carried around the UOCer's neck.

Received a coupon booklet from Costco the other day....$30 off with coupon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flip in pouch e.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	5094  

off duty

Ive heard from a few people "Cops dont like to work when they dont HAVE to" im sure they were more worried about enjoying their break instead of looking for a reason to work and write reports.

Were any ladies present in your group? I think it makes a difference.

Nope... just the 2 of us.

Very cool.
    Definitely progress.