Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: The correct LEO Response to Open Carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    The correct LEO Response to Open Carry

    Last night I held a bit of an impromptu OC Meet & Greet with Romans116 (new member here). A couple others couldn't make it.

    We met up at Baja Fish Tacos in Lake Forest (right off the 405, near the OC SD sub-station).

    We hung out for about 2 hrs. While at the table eating dinner, a couple of Sheriff's Deputies also stepped in for dinner. They glanced at my holster a couple times walking between the register and the drink fountains, but not one demanded an (e) check or even disturbed us.

    Progress?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  2. #2
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    Last night I held a bit of an impromptu OC Meet & Greet with Romans116 (new member here). A couple others couldn't make it.

    We met up at Baja Fish Tacos in Lake Forest (right off the 405, near the OC SD sub-station).

    We hung out for about 2 hrs. While at the table eating dinner, a couple of Sheriff's Deputies also stepped in for dinner. They glanced at my holster a couple times walking between the register and the drink fountains, but not one demanded an (e) check or even disturbed us.

    Progress?
    What? No media? No Brady Campaign protesters?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    What? No SWAT? No gun in your face?

    i heard OCSD learned their lesson. OCP hasn't.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    This type of LEO response happens to me every day.

    Outside of events, where we called and set up a training time for the LEOs, I have only been checked once.
    It was so much 'show' that even the Sgt was laughing and saying it was for show.
    We even got some good advice on using snap caps in our unloaded mag to add wieght, and speed in the reload.
    I see local LEO's almost daily, and have never had a problem with them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Yes, that is in fact progress, very good progress. Got any video?
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  6. #6
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Yes, that is in fact progress, very good progress. Got any video?
    Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders But I did have a friendly witness who was shocked, to say the least, that they didn't drop their trays, draw their guns and tell us to get down on the ground. There was nothing worth keeping on my recorder so I deleted the audio. Maybe next time Romans116 will opt to carry and hopefully OCKimber and moonbootmatt will be able to make it as well.

    I kept the event impromptu as to avoid any pre-emptive altercation by the anti-liberty people who troll these forums. Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  7. #7
    Regular Member clarkebar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders But I did have a friendly witness who was shocked, to say the least, that they didn't drop their trays, draw their guns and tell us to get down on the ground. There was nothing worth keeping on my recorder so I deleted the audio. Maybe next time Romans116 will opt to carry and hopefully OCKimber and moonbootmatt will be able to make it as well.

    I kept the event impromptu as to avoid any pre-emptive altercation by the anti-liberty people who troll these forums. Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.
    That's a fantastic idea. Make sure you bring the "bulky video recorder" for that... :-)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    met with a small group(5 total), all OC'ing, to talk about an upcoming dinner.
    After the meeting, we stood outside the shop talking, saying bye, and stuff, for about 10 minutes,

    Antioch PD drove through the lot, smiled and waved.
    PD was not called. normal route.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    10
    Glad it went well! I'll be there next time.

  10. #10
    Regular Member A ECNALG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    Negative... you know I don't carry one of those bulky video recorders...

    Maybe next time i'll give it a week lead time so I can make up my Brady Campaign protest signs and stand with the rest of them... Carrying, of course.
    Sign suggestion: "Open Carry? Si, se puede !"

    As for bulky video cameras, there is a Flip video (Gen 3), 8 GB, 2 hour record time camera in that home-made pouch carried around the UOCer's neck.

    Received a coupon booklet from Costco the other day....$30 off with coupon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flip in pouch e.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	5094  

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    101

    off duty

    Ive heard from a few people "Cops dont like to work when they dont HAVE to" im sure they were more worried about enjoying their break instead of looking for a reason to work and write reports.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Rich Keagy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    126
    Were any ladies present in your group? I think it makes a difference.

  13. #13
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912
    Nope... just the 2 of us.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Rich Keagy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    126
    Very cool.
    Definitely progress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •