Thread: Ed Brown Massad Ayoob or NightHawk T3 comp

Ed Brown Massad Ayoob or NightHawk T3 comp

I'm trying to decide between two custom 1911's has anyone had any time spent using either one of these customs what are your thoughts......?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdragon412 View Post
    what are your thoughts......?
    That somebody won a big bet with a Jets fan?

yes a very large bet lol now to the super bowl..... but was just curious about both of these 1911's

At that price point, I'd probably rather buy 3-5 equally reliable guns with a higher capacity and no manual safeties to fumble over. Or maybe just 1 gun and 5 or 10 years worth of reloading components.

But hey, if you want a 1911 for some reason, either should do. With a mechanism that outdated and quirky, it's important to make sure you get a good one. Blowing that much money is an excellent way to do so without pain staking reliability work or countless trips to a gun smith.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

[QUOTE=
    But hey, if you want a 1911 for some reason, either should do. With a mechanism that outdated and quirky, it's important to make sure you get a good one. Blowing that much money is an excellent way to do so without pain staking reliability work or countless trips to a gun smith.[/QUOTE]

Some one been smoking to much tupperware?

To the OP, I cannot speak as to the Nighthawks, but my EB's function flawlessly. The Nighthawks are built by ex Wilson guys and the ones I have handled (not fired) were an outstanding build. One thing you get from either of these two shops is outstanding follow up if there is a problem....which in my experiance is rare.

Don't worry about the 1911 bashers that hang on to any 1911 post....

Steve
    Last edited by .45acp; 01-29-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

This

at just under $7000 it's a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Some one been smoking to much tupperware?

Steve
    No, someones had a 1911, and had multiple friends with 1911's, many of whom, including me have had extremely aggravating problems. More is available for less, that's the thing.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

there are a lot of good guns out there. H&K, Glock, Kahr, Kimber, Ed Brown, Les Baer , etc. the 1911 is a work of art, some are destined for a life lived in a display case while others like my PT1911 I don't feel bad about a few marks in the bluing. I also own a Glock 36 for concealed carry, a 24/7 for when I really want to strap on some hi-capacity fire power, and a TCP PT738 for pocket carry. My PT1911 I dressed up a bit with some nicer grips, and no other firearm has ever gotten me compliments on how slick it looks. I keep my firearms well maintained and have never had a malfunction with any of them.

Use what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    No, someones had a 1911, and had multiple friends with 1911's, many of whom, including me have had extremely aggravating problems. More is available for less, that's the thing.
    I really don't understand these posts about problematic 1911’s. I have been shooting 1911's since about '64 (I was 10) and have owned better than 15 of em. I have not had one that was bad gun. Some of my Series 70 Colts did not like Hollow Point bullets especially the old “flying ash tray”. But in general I have not had a 1911 that did not function, and well or I would not carry it for SD.
    I have found that the 1911 generally works best with 230 gr bullets, and that bullet shape (ie close to the shape of ball ammo) is probably more important than some other guns out there. But that said, I have a number of 1911’s that can handle mixed magazines of SWC, HP and ball of various manufactures. I shoot 99% reloads.

Personally, It makes no difference to me what one carries, the gun is a tool, it is proficiency with the entire tool box that makes a journeyman.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Don't worry about the 1911 bashers that hang on to any 1911 post....
    I don't think they were bashing 1911's, I think they were making fun of the horribly overpriced 'name brand' ones that tend to have more problems than a $500 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdragon412 View Post
    I'm trying to decide between two custom 1911's has anyone had any time spent using either one of these customs what are your thoughts......?
    Skip the custom knock-offs and get one that's older, proven reliably, and has fired a couple hundred shots without mishaps.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.