Thread: Verdict is in! Now I can finally quote the testimony

Verdict is in! Now I can finally quote the testimony

Honest to God; you can't make this stuff up-

Recent court case regarding multiple armed robberies in the Lansing area, one exchange went something like this:

Prosecuting Attorney: "Why didn't you rob that store before?"
    Robber: "Because we heard they had guns!"

I'm having that one done up in needle point. Too bad our elected officials don't sit in courts to hear what the criminals say.

Another criminal in the same case, who had multiple previous felon in possesion of a firearm charges was asked by the prosecutor if he was worried about getting caught again: "Yeah, I was worried, but what are you going to do?" meaning, he really didn't concern himself with the law; the firearms were necessary for his line of work.

Dunnings said that??
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    Dunnings said that??
    Should have clarified- Federal case tried in Grand Rapids. All the robberies took place in Lansing in 2009.

I wonder if a person could get in writing what you quoted? I know they have a court reporter taking notes of all things said, but can Joe Public get a copy? It would be nice to lay a copy on the desk of those involved with 4009 & 4010.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    yes, transcripts are public record, however, there is not always a court reporter, sometimes they just use an audio recording. you can get a copy of audio recordings as well. in this case there may well be a transcript since it was federal court.
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 01-30-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

www.pacer.gov is the website, case is US v. Jasper Perdue & Jordon Ford

I haven't seen it posted, yet. Verdict came in about 5:00 PM Friday, so it may be a while, yet.

Downloads are free up to a certain point.

Would it be a good idea to get these transcripts and or recordings to give to the committee of the 4009 and 4010 bills?

Couldn't hurt. Actually hear a criminal confirm our arguments about why PFZ's are silly might help a fence sitter. Even though a typical gas station isn't a PFZ. It goes to the fact that criminals pay attention to where legal guns are and take great care NOT to commit a crime in those places. Which by default, means where they know or have good cause to believe that guns are not or are not allowed.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!