• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Verdict is in! Now I can finally quote the testimony

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Honest to God; you can't make this stuff up-

Recent court case regarding multiple armed robberies in the Lansing area, one exchange went something like this:

Prosecuting Attorney: "Why didn't you rob that store before?"
Robber: "Because we heard they had guns!":eek:

I'm having that one done up in needle point. Too bad our elected officials don't sit in courts to hear what the criminals say.:banghead:

Another criminal in the same case, who had multiple previous felon in possesion of a firearm charges was asked by the prosecutor if he was worried about getting caught again: "Yeah, I was worried, but what are you going to do?" meaning, he really didn't concern himself with the law; the firearms were necessary for his line of work.:uhoh:

Super Trucker

I wonder if a person could get in writing what you quoted? I know they have a court reporter taking notes of all things said, but can Joe Public get a copy? It would be nice to lay a copy on the desk of those involved with 4009 & 4010.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yes, transcripts are public record, however, there is not always a court reporter, sometimes they just use an audio recording. you can get a copy of audio recordings as well. in this case there may well be a transcript since it was federal court.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
www.pacer.gov is the website, case is US v. Jasper Perdue & Jordon Ford

I haven't seen it posted, yet. Verdict came in about 5:00 PM Friday, so it may be a while, yet.

Downloads are free up to a certain point.

NHCGRPR45

Couldn't hurt. Actually hear a criminal confirm our arguments about why PFZ's are silly might help a fence sitter. Even though a typical gas station isn't a PFZ. It goes to the fact that criminals pay attention to where legal guns are and take great care NOT to commit a crime in those places. Which by default, means where they know or have good cause to believe that guns are not or are not allowed.