• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little bird told me today that all Silver Eagle Group Emp. were released today..

swinokur

Activist Member
Well how bout that Dreamer. Who knew?

Small point. You cannot shoot at the NRA Range without a range pass, which can only be obtained with a short but easy written safety test. It's open book however.

The only ranges in MD I have shot at was On Target in Jessup and Gilberts in Rockville. At least on weekends I'd agree that Baltimore is safer than On Target. No RO. No supervision. I was there breaking in my G29 and there were two very young women there who were clueless but still managed to rent a gun who managed to sweep me twice. Upon the second occurrence, I went and complained and someone came out and talked to them. Weekdays are completetly different. Mostly LE and military from Ft. Meade. Gilbert's is just to expensive and he makes you buy his overpriced ammo. no thanks

NRA is my choice until I am proven wrong.

I am a member of Rockville Izaac Walton but that's private.

:D

Last edited:

SEGRO

I'm one of the RO's at SEG.

First off, to those of you guys who I have personally shared conversations with and had the pleasure of meeting ED Thank you!

As of today at 5:17, to my knowledge I haven't been terminated nor do I know of any of my fellow RO's who have been let go.

So far, we have we have had one individual leave, but he left on his own accord. He is a very close personal friend and probably one of the best trainers I personally have ever had the pleasure of working with. He will be missed.

Those individuals who want to remain at SEG in their positions must reapply.

That is all the information I know.

Keep up the fight and keep the faith.

end transmission........

HarveyBullworth

Yeah? Not me...
--BRA video clipped--

Just a heads up if you were not aware previously, I got this from another forum--

The owners of MVM have been donating to Democrats at the local, state, and Federal for years per opensecrets.org and VPAP.org. Oh, and one token RINO is on the list - Connie Morella of MD.

Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA20171 $400 05/12/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat

Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA 20171MVM, Inc./Security Services $2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat (1)

Marquez, Dario Jr. MVM Inc./President VIENNAVA22182 500 11/8/2007 BECERRA FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (2)

Marquez, Dario OMVM Inc/CEOVIENNAVA22182 2,300 1/31/2008HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - DEMOCRAT

Marquez, Dario O Jr –– IR 1,000 6/30/2007 OBAMA FOR AMERICA - DEMOCRAT

Marquez, Dario O. Jr.MVM, Inc./Security ServicesVIENNAVA22182 2,300 1/28/2008 GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT

Marquez, Dario O. MVM Inc./Executive OAKTONVA22124 300 5/3/2002 FRIENDS OF CONNIE MORELLA FOR CONGRESS - REPUBLICAN (3)

Marquez, Dario –– OAKTONVA22124-1,140 12/30/2003KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT

Marquez, DarioMVM Inc/President and CEOOAKTONVA22124 2,000 6/10/2003 KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (4)

(1) "The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, along with its Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, today endorsed Gerry Connolly for Congress in Virginia's 11th Congressional District." - (http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/MessageViewer/&printer_friendly=1?em_id=31361.2)

(2) Rep Becerra is the sponsor of a bill requiring "microstamping" for pistols, a technology proven to be flawed and easily defeated by criminals. The bill's co-sponsors were a who's who of gun grabbing totalitarians, including Rep Rahm Emanuel (he who has shown allegiance to a nation other than the United States during a time of war by serving as a civilian in their armed forces, Rep Jesse Jackson, Jr., Rep Carolyn McCarthy (sponsor of HR1022), Rep Charles Rangel, and Rep Chris Van Hollen

(3) "Morella opposes her party's positions on...gun control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Morella#Congressional_career)

(4) In a unanimous vote by its board, FAIRFAX COUNTY recently banned its police department’s practice of trading seized guns back to gun dealers, according to The Washington Post. Instead, the guns will be destroyed so they don’t end up in criminal hands. The supervisors also voted to prohibit the police department from exchanging their used service weapons for new ones, a practice that has become controversial. “I believe that Fairfax county residents have a right to believe that guns seized by police should be returned to their legal owners or destroyed,” Board Chairman Kate Hanley told the newspaper. - (http://www.naco.org/cnews/1999/99-9-27/newsfrom.htm)

epilogue

I was told SEG will send out an email/statement to clear the situation up.

To me it sounds like a management change rather than a line-level employee change.

230therapy

Blue Ridge...why in the world would you shoot there?

I went in December and was blowing out black boogers for two days. I think my lead levels went up 50% in one hour.

Furthermore, the owner voted for Obama. Yes, he's that stupid.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That was either more information than I really needed, or really racist.

Either way, I don't wanna know which.

Dreamer

That was either more information than I really needed, or really racist.

Either way, I don't wanna know which.

The "black boogers" comment was a statement on the completely non-existant air filtration system at BlueRidge. I don't know how they stay in operation with such a bogus air-quality system. I've breathed cleaner air in the DC Metro tunnels...

It is so bad that when the range is REALLY busy, you can actually smell the smoke out on the floor of the store.

They USED to be a nice range, back in the day, but they have apparently gone WAY downhill since I live in that area, back in the 1990's...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The "black boogers" comment was a statement on the completely non-existant air filtration system at BlueRidge. I don't know how they stay in operation with such a bogus air-quality system. I've breathed cleaner air in the DC Metro tunnels...

It is so bad that when the range is REALLY busy, you can actually smell the smoke out on the floor of the store.

They USED to be a nice range, back in the day, but they have apparently gone WAY downhill since I live in that area, back in the 1990's...

Tell me about it. Every time I see anyone mention the place, I'm like "Why do you go there? NRA is 15 minutes away."

I mean, it's the difference between what is probably the worst, and probably the best, ventilation I have ever encountered. I can only assume people are ignorant of the dangers entailed.

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
it's the difference between what is probably the worst, and probably the best, ventilation

I would suffice to say that even if yopu dont like SEG/MVM management, etc.. they probably have the best air handlers on the East Coast. When they were being built this was a major sticking point and they presented documents that showed the air handlers to cost MILLIONS and create Negative air pressure in the shooting range.. it LITERALLY takes your breath away and sends it down range. Open the door to the raneg slowly next time and you can feel the suction.

All American Nightmare

I would suffice to say that even if yopu dont like SEG/MVM management, etc.. they probably have the best air handlers on the East Coast. When they were being built this was a major sticking point and they presented documents that showed the air handlers to cost MILLIONS and create Negative air pressure in the shooting range.. it LITERALLY takes your breath away and sends it down range. Open the door to the raneg slowly next time and you can feel the suction.
What CFM do they move?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Dear Valued Customer

February 5, 2011

Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the Silver Eagle Group is in the process of restructuring in order to improve your firearms and training experience.

Recently we have changed management and are going through some other internal reorganization. Most of these changes involve our administrative structure and will be invisible to our customers. Things you might notice immediately will be improvements to the facility, with additional training opportunities and more product selection in our store coming soon.

As always our commitment is to you, our customer. The Silver Eagle Group will continue to be the premier shooting and training facility in Northern Virginia. We appreciate your understanding as we go thru these improvements, and welcome your comments and suggestions. It is our goal to offer training and recreation that is safe and educational while promoting awareness and community safety. Please join us in our transition by sharing both positive and negative experiences you have had and how we can better meet your needs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or drop by and see me the next time you are in the facility.

I look forward to meeting you.

Kathy Lashlee

General Manager

Silver Eagle Group
44620 Guilford Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
Phone: (703)723-5173
www.silvereaglegroup.com

Blk97F150

Have they changed ownership too.... or are people still supporting anti-gun Democrats every time they shoot there?

altajava

They used to be a nice range back in the day because they were the only range back in the day. The ventilation as it is hasn't changed, we just know better now.

epilogue

Tried to cancel my membership, but the 12 month term is still in effect and I had forgotten it was a term based membership.

nova

Given how poorly a friend and I were treated at the NRA range when we went to it for the very first time, we will never go back even if the NRA paid us to. I've never met a more arrogant & condescending bunch of jackwagons (to quote Gunny Ermy) in my life.
While some of the people there do seem "cold" to those not regulars or their buddies, others there are very welcoming, friendly, and I'm seen at least one of them at a VCDL meeting before. :)