Thread: Toy Soldier Gun Causes Flap At London Airport by Fran Golden Subscribe to Fran Golden

Toy Soldier Gun Causes Flap At London Airport by Fran Golden Subscribe to Fran Golden

Security officers at London's Gatwick Airport are getting flap for confiscating a toy soldier accessory from a Canadian tourist catching a transatlantic flight.

At issue is the fact that the 9-inch replica of a British soldier came with the accessory of a 3-inch resin gun, which security screeners branded a "firearm."
    http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/01/2...ondon-airport/

Thank goodness I don't want to visit London for any reason or any other European country,
    Last edited by zack991; 01-30-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

There was a shootout in the last Harry Potter movie.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Thank goodness I don't want to visit London for any reason or any other European country,

Would you really be all that surprised if the TSA did the same thing in the states?
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

And here we are
    http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...sney-Toys.html

........While at Disney, little Jeremiah picked up a Pirates of the Caribbean toy gun and sword, and was hoping to bring them back to North Carolina...................."It's very upsetting because at one point I had told one of the employees, 'You know this is not a real weapon,' and he said 'Yes, I understand that, it doesn't matter,'"................
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Would you really be all that surprised if the TSA did the same thing in the states?
    No, but the incompetent TSA could not find a terrorist even if he was wearing a bright orange suit and had set off every possible alarm in the building. Yet they will stop a 3 year old and make him strip down to his superman underwear because his buzz lightyear action figure has a little red L.E.D "LASER" that could be used to take over a plane.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-31-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

And they call us "gun nuts"!

One wonders if there is any limit to this anti-gun hysteria and gross stupidity. Its a rhetorical question, of course.

I would love to be given an entire hour to intrerview the chuckle-headed nitwits who made this judgment call. The "firearm" in question is 3 inches long. I would ask if it would be forbidden if it were 3 cm long. If yes, then what about 3 mm long, and so forth. If the "firearm" couldn't be seen without a magnifying glass, would that still count? If a tree fell on an airport screener in a forest, would it even matter? Maybe these imbeciles go to the same conferences that U.S. school principals go to for guidelines on zero tolerence.