• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toy Soldier Gun Causes Flap At London Airport by Fran Golden Subscribe to Fran Golden

bom1911

zack991

Thank goodness I don't want to visit London for any reason or any other European country,

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

And here we are
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/TSA-Plunders-Boys-Disney-Toys.html

........While at Disney, little Jeremiah picked up a Pirates of the Caribbean toy gun and sword, and was hoping to bring them back to North Carolina...................."It's very upsetting because at one point I had told one of the employees, 'You know this is not a real weapon,' and he said 'Yes, I understand that, it doesn't matter,'"................

zack991

Would you really be all that surprised if the TSA did the same thing in the states?

No, but the incompetent TSA could not find a terrorist even if he was wearing a bright orange suit and had set off every possible alarm in the building. Yet they will stop a 3 year old and make him strip down to his superman underwear because his buzz lightyear action figure has a little red L.E.D "LASER" that could be used to take over a plane.

Last edited:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
And they call us "gun nuts"!

One wonders if there is any limit to this anti-gun hysteria and gross stupidity. Its a rhetorical question, of course.

I would love to be given an entire hour to intrerview the chuckle-headed nitwits who made this judgment call. The "firearm" in question is 3 inches long. I would ask if it would be forbidden if it were 3 cm long. If yes, then what about 3 mm long, and so forth. If the "firearm" couldn't be seen without a magnifying glass, would that still count? If a tree fell on an airport screener in a forest, would it even matter? Maybe these imbeciles go to the same conferences that U.S. school principals go to for guidelines on zero tolerence.