• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Trying to take away the Second Amendment "Obama Pushes Anti-Gun Treaty SIFTA"

Curmudgeon

Rick H...

The videos you linked are from May 2009 and April 2009 respectively.

Please try to keep up. It's 2011 now. Thanks for playing though, won't you try again?

eye95

No call to be an ass.

Well, President Obama has tried and is continuing to try (mostly through the agencies that are part of his executive branch and through treaties that can still be ratified) to further abridge our rights. To date he has been unsuccessful. But, since there is no way to defend Obama's actions; all that remains for those who insist that Obama is no threat to the RKBA is "win" through incivility.

TrailRunner

The way to win this particular battle is to vote him out! I just hope there's another serious choice from the Republicans (I'm a libertarian) other than Sarah Palin. :banghead:

xd shooter

I take it that means she reads more than ONE, and gets a different view or feel of subjects from each one.

Maybe she should ONLY read the NY Times?

eye95

I take it that means she reads more than ONE, and gets a different view or feel of subjects from each one.

Maybe she should ONLY read the NY Times?

I would have to answer any such question similarly. I don't get any printed magazines or newspapers any more. Yet I read a large number of newspaper/magazine articles every day. Could I name the newspapers or magazines they are from? Nope. I read a large variety though.

You are witnessing PDS.

Beretta92FSLady

I would have to answer any such question similarly. I don't get any printed magazines or newspapers any more. Yet I read a large number of newspaper/magazine articles every day. Could I name the newspapers or magazines they are from? Nope. I read a large variety though.

You are witnessing PDS.

She was asked specifically what she reads, and she could not come up with one example. I read every day from a variety of media, and independent sources and can at least come up--spur of the moment--with a handful of sources of media. it makes sense that during an interview Mrs. Palin was going to be asked a variety of questions. Or did she think that she was going to be thrown softball questions...as if what newspapers do you read isn't one hell of a softball question.

Last edited:

rodbender

If you knew the entire story behind that interview, everyone would understand. But then if you refuse to see, you are willingly blind.

I agree that Sarah Palin is not my choice by a long ways. Although she would be better than what we have at the moment. I think she will be much more effective doing what she does right now. P*****g off the left.

sudden valley gunner

Yet our current president stated there are 57 states and we invented the car.

Chris Mathews believes the Panama Canal is in Egypt. George Bush thought Mandela was dead.

I don't agree with Sarah Palin but see the attacks on her from entrenched politicians as unfounded propaganda to discredit her because of her popularity with voters. And those who gleefully gloat at any "mistake" she made as not open minded as they pretend to be.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The way to win this particular battle is to vote him out!

That's one way. Here's the other:

Dear Mr. President:

Last year you took an oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I took the same oath when I became an officer in the United States Military, courtesy of a Presidential Commission issued by President George H. W. Bush. I may be retired, but that oath is still in effect, as is yours. Furthermore, the Second Amendment, like all amendments, is an integral part of the Constitution of the United States.

Your support of SIFTA is in violation of the Second Amendment, and your actions are therefore contrary to the Constitution of the United States. Thus, you are violating your oath of office.

I will write my Representatives and Senators, demanding they initiate impeachment proceedings against you without further delay. Yes, Mr. President - violating your oath of office is treason, and is therefore an impeachable offense:

The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may only be impeached and removed for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" - U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 4

Please be advised that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, as a civil officer of the United States, is subject to impeachment proceedings on this point, as well.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

eye95

From the Constitution on the definition of treason and the level of proof required:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

gravedigger

You're right...when asked what newspapers she reads replies, "I have a vast variety." Good grief!

I don't understand why some people view that as a "Good Grief!" response. Surely the left wing media knows that Mrs. Palin has access to the Internet! For them to ASSUME that she gets ONE physical paper thrown onto her front porch every morning, and that is the only acceptable answer, is just plain stupid.

That would be like someone asking me which radio station I listen to. Umm ... I have the Internet, XM radio and other sources. I have thousands of choices, or in Sarah's words ... "a vast variety!"

I would have answered the question, "Well, I can tell you which papers I DON'T and WON'T read ... The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times ... (insert the names of every other liberal rag here)"