Thread: The Peoples House..The finest argument I've ever heard in the General Assembly

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

The Peoples House..The finest argument I've ever heard in the General Assembly

Thursday night while watching VCDL push their agenda, I was privileged to watch Delegate Todd Gilbert, put those that have forgotten who they work for, slam dunk in their place.

Having been born in Shenandoah, I'm glad to see folks there still know how to pick their representatives.

Hopefully, this video gets around!

Founder's Club Member
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Hats off to Delegate Gilbert!!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that. Well said and an exactly how we here all feel. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    I liked how the first guy tried to sell it by stating a few times how the members could still carry....."THE ONLY ONES" If it's not allowed by the people they represent then it shouldn't be allowed by the legislators.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I liked how the first guy tried to sell it by stating a few times how the members could still carry....."THE ONLY ONES" If it's not allowed by the people they represent then it shouldn't be allowed by the legislators.
    Says a lot about the salesman doesn't it?

oh if only more people thought like him in regards to law abiding citizens. i like how Gilbert very tactfully told the other guy to get bent.
    3. Move thumb safety down taking gun off safety. Caution: The gun is now ready to fire. Be prepared for noise and recoil when pistol fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Section 4. No exclusive emoluments or privileges; offices not to be hereditary.

That no man, or set of men, is entitled to exclusive or separate emoluments or privileges from the community , but in consideration of public services; which not being descendible, neither ought the offices of magistrate, legislator, or judge to be hereditary.

I really liked how he said, We can't legislate away every possible bad thing that could happen. Pretty close to quote...Not exact...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

I wish that someone in that room had asked this question:

"If disarming law abiding citizens in this building will render it safe from attack, then why would the Members have the need to carry a firearm?"

Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    I wish that someone in that room had asked this question:

"If disarming law abiding citizens in this building will render it safe from attack, then why would the Members have the need to carry a firearm?"
    I don't remember if it was during or after that Philip mentioned the only AD/ND that had ever happened there was by a General Assembly Member.

I have the entire Sub Committee session on Video, I just haven't gone through it all yet.

Thanks Peter...,

that was a great to both see and hear, especially for the "elite". Please keep up the great work!!!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

I was moved to write Mr. Gilbert a thank you note. Although, I did mention that I was not a constituent of his I did appreciate his commentary.

Banned
    I am curious as to the outcome. What did the subcommittee do? Is the bill advancing? Will it pass?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am curious as to the outcome. What did the subcommittee do? Is the bill advancing? Will it pass?
    The bill is dead thankfully.