• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delta

ZackL

I agree; what happened? I will likely be spending a few weeks up in Delta, Junction and/or Cedaredge this summer to see my step dad.

Josh.M

Well nothing has happened 'yet'.... Been OC for about a week now and not one weird or ill look from anyone. This includes me OC in Wal-Mart, Western Conv Gas Station and around town. Infact when I went to pick up food from 'Butch's Cafe' for my wife and 2 daughters I was greeted by a pregnant woman asking for my credit card for the meal and was sure I was about to get something of a haze or anything along those lines but ended up just getting a smile. As I paid for my food and turned to walk out I was greeted by a 65'ish to 70yo man saying in a small town accent saying and i quote "I would like to thank you and shake your hand boy! Not many people do what you do sir" referring to my holster'd weapon.

As I turn around to shake his hand and say thank you, my jaw drops and I felt like my man hood was put in to question and left out to dry in shame. This well dressed man was carrying a holster'd S&W .500. I stumbled out the words thank you and walked out, lol. Mind you I carry a Beretta 92a1 with 17 round mag. not exactly a small handgun.

Anyways, nothing bad.... yet. Today im off to Grand Junction to take my wife, my little sister & little brother shopping at the mall. I'll post how that OC experience goes.

mahkagari

As I turn around to shake his hand and say thank you, my jaw drops and I felt like my man hood was put in to question and left out to dry in shame. This well dressed man was carrying a holster'd S&W .500. I stumbled out the words thank you and walked out, lol. Mind you I carry a Beretta 92a1 with 17 round mag. not exactly a small handgun.

Nice. Look at it this way. Regardless of what he was carrying, you're appreciated by your elders rather than them shaking their heads wondering what happened to today's youth. No greater compliment, IMO.