Thread: Utah permit turnaround time?

Utah permit turnaround time?

I was wondering what the general consensus is on Utah's CC permit applications? I sent my application in about 2 weeks ago, and haven't received my permit yet. I was just wondering what the general turnaround time is for Utah permit apps.

I got my NC (resident) permit in under 2 weeks, but that was an in-person app, and I picked the card up in person, so there was no mail-transit time involved.

And I got my PA non-resident permit in about 2 weeks, and that included mail-transit time...

I understand that Utah is a much greater distance geographically, and therefore mail times are going to be longer, and that Utah is being innundated with permit apps these days and are sort of overloaded with regards to processing permit apps, but I wondered how long I should wait before calling them--2 weeks, a month, two months?

Feedback is appreciated from anyone who has a Utah permit...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Cool

I received mine when I was still a resident of UT. It took just a little under 2 months! You can expect around that time frame depending on how many people have applied. That seams to be about the normal turn around on them. You can check out http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/ there is a thread on how long it has taken others.
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Last edited by caverat; 01-30-2011 at 11:59 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    The 60 day "statutory clock" starts when they charge your credit card/cash your check.

On average, they are returning permits around 45-50 days now. They ask that you do not call until 60 days has elapsed.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Well, my Utah permit arrived Saturday March 5. That was less than 50 days from the time I mailed it (11 January).

Now I have 3--PA, UT, and NC...

Should I go for a VA, FL, and NH permit too, to make it an even 6?

I may have to get a part-time job just to pay for my permit collection...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964