Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: LA City Council to ban OC, invites leftists to provide testimony.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    LA City Council to ban OC, invites leftists to provide testimony.

    Here is the story:

    http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-an...an-to-february

    John Lott has linked the article:

    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/

    Very illegal as the state has total authority over this issue.

    markm

  2. #2
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Tell LA to sit on it and rotate...haha

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    Mark,

    it is called preemption.

    maybe someone should write,call or fax the city of L.A. and let them know the legal definition.

    what was the cost of McDonald's case to the SCOTUS,deep 7 figures? Can any city in CA foot that bill?

  4. #4
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    I think it's pretty telling what their desires are by the invitation of WAGV and the Brady's for advice. Where was the invitation for The Responsible Citizen's of California, the NRA, CRPA, and the Calguns Foundation? Each of them should be present too, for a fair assessment of what should happen with this proposed law.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Profound!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    Mark,

    it is called preemption.

    maybe someone should write,call or fax the city of L.A. and let them know the legal definition.

    what was the cost of McDonald's case to the SCOTUS,deep 7 figures? Can any city in CA foot that bill?
    Hey Dale,

    Your comments are profound. However, progressives don't care what it costs to force us to live by their religous dogma.

    Progressivism is a religous belief system. It is not based on reality, logic, or statistical analisys. Feelings rule.

    markm

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mike Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Pedro, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    293
    Getting their asses sued off for this would be gratifying to watch, but the trouble is that they wouldn't learn their lesson anyways. And then of course they'd just try to suck more property tax outta me to pay for this circle-jerk.
    Last edited by Mike Hunt; 01-31-2011 at 08:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    C-3

    I agree 100%.

    I know a few of those listed have already, or are in process of making a demand letter to be heard on this issue.

  8. #8
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    I think it's important to not declare those who tend to be more liberal in their politics to be the enemy. If we have any hope of having open carry be accepted, it will come in the form of winning people from the left, right, and middle over to believe that bearing arms is an inalienable right. It would probably behoove us to not further divisions in our political ideologies. It'd be a shame to have Democrats/Greens/Socialists come to this forum and be interested in open carry only to be dismayed over apparently being unaccepted by the community (via the wording in our posts).

    Just something to mull over...sorry for being off-topic.
    Last edited by bigtoe416; 01-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    343
    Isn't that like trying to talk the muslim jihadists into agreeing that Christianity is a valid religion?

    Sorry, AIN'T gonna happen.

    Their religion is control, and you having a gun means they don't have control.
    Last edited by xd shooter; 01-30-2011 at 07:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Sorry, but you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    I think it's important to not declare those who tend to be more liberal in their politics to be the enemy. If we have any hope of having open carry be accepted, it will come in the form of winning people from the left, right, and middle over to believe that bearing arms is an inalienable right. It would probably behoove us to not further divisions in our political ideologies. It'd be a shame to have Democrats/Greens/Socialists come to this forum and be interested in open carry only to be dismayed over apparently being unaccepted by the community (via the wording in our posts).

    Just something to mull over...sorry for being off-topic.
    Hey Bigtoe,

    On this point, I totally disagree.

    The only time that progressives/leftists agree with us is when we capitulate.

    Their view of freedom is completely different than ours. Freedom to a leftist means equal outcomes which requires a bureaucratic command and control government. Citizens who vote for a Nancy Pelosi, a Henry Waxman, a Joel Stienburg, or a Maxine Waters may not think of themselves as extremists, but the people who lead their party are extremists.

    No, until JKF liberals take-over the democrat party, they won't be joining our ranks as we promote creator granted civil liberties. Unfortunately, the only JFK liberal left is Joe Lieberman; to bad he was booted out of the Democrat party and serves as an independent. Most Democrats run as moderates or conservatives until they need to vote on legislation, and then they vote party line.

    The LA city council is progressive.

    It is black and white.

    respectfully,
    markm

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post
    Isn't that like trying to talk the muslim jihadists into agreeing that Christianity is a valid religion?

    Sorry, AIN'T gonna happen.

    Their religion is control, and you having a gun means they don't have control.
    Xd shooter,

    I concur; +1.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Lawful Aim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    129
    It all depends on the one you are talking to. There is always a chance that someone will consider another's point of view especially when they are speaking the truth.
    Last edited by Lawful Aim; 01-30-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it. -Albert Einstein
    Liberty that was diminished in increments has never been restored by the same. -Lawful Aim
    One who compromises in steps toward freedom will always be compromising. -Lawful Aim
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

  13. #13
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkBofRAdvocate View Post
    Hey Bigtoe,

    On this point, I totally disagree.

    The only time that progressives/leftists agree with us is when we capitulate.
    I don't see California becoming completely Libertarian or completely conservative anytime soon. We can continue to draw lines in the sand and declare those that stand on the other side to be enemies, but they won't be joining our ranks anytime soon. It's entirely possible for those on the left to support the Second Amendment. Perhaps they will need some convincing that keeping and bearing arms is important, perhaps they already think it is important and want to hear the benefits of openly carrying arms. I just think it would be useful to have more people supporting open carry. If a member of the Green party comes to this site he is already not going to feel like he is amongst similarly minded individuals. I'd much rather he engage us in dialog rather than to leave without registering.

    Of course, I could be wrong. But then again I used to be a pacifist and think guns were pointless/vile. I also own a book called, "Why you should be a Socialist" and this Communist shirt.

    There's hope for us all. There's more hope if we extend a hand instead of a fist.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    So do you think you'll ever consider THEIR point of view ?
    Sure, I know I have on some topics and I doubt I am alone on that.

    (for example) there are numbers of people on the right or libertarian that also share what is seen as liberals views as far as accepting homosexuality, homosexuals in the military and/or allowing same sex marriage. Some of these people might not have always felt that way but at some point in their life they may have realized that group of people shouldn't be denied situations or freedoms simply for an activity that is victimless in nature.

    The same can be said for those on the left that agree with our right to bear arms and don't wish to see that infringed upon. Might as well throw the LEOs in there as well. Both groups are often broadly targeted when many of us know some or maybe even alot of them that also support our 2nd amendment rights and maybe even want to see some current restrictions lifted.

  15. #15
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912
    Back on topic...

    Is any person/organization going to provide speaking points and send someone for this, or are we going to "wait and sue"?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    They should invite some gang bangers to thank them for making their workplace safer.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    387
    Sorry if my interjection is unwelcomed here, especially since I am not a Californian. But what is to stop representatives from the pro groups from just showing up and signing up to talk? I know up here in WA, our city council meetings are open to the public and anyone can speak about the topics if they wish. Wouldn't it be quite the sight to be able to refute the anti's points on the record in front of everyone?

  18. #18
    Regular Member hgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayd1981 View Post
    Sorry if my interjection is unwelcomed here, especially since I am not a Californian. But what is to stop representatives from the pro groups from just showing up and signing up to talk? I know up here in WA, our city council meetings are open to the public and anyone can speak about the topics if they wish. Wouldn't it be quite the sight to be able to refute the anti's points on the record in front of everyone?
    I believe one has to show up early morning to even have a CHANCE at speaking at LA council meetings during public comment period.
    All the facts, logic, and reason in the world would not stop these leftists from their agenda of disarming law abiding citizens and eliminating all legal guns from the city.

    If someone has a day of their life they'd like to burn, be my guest...
    I can think of about a million better ways for pro-2A people to spend a day.
    Last edited by hgreen; 02-02-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    I believe one has to show up early morning to even have a CHANCE at speaking at LA council meetings during public comment period.
    All the facts, logic, and reason in the world would not stop these leftists from their agenda of disarming law abiding citizens and eliminating all legal guns from the city.

    If someone has a day or their life they'd like to burn, be my guest...
    I can think of about a million better ways for pro-2A people to spend a day.
    Hey Hgreen,

    Well said and I agree totally.

    +1

    markm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •