• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSRA Lobbyist Supports Closing the "Utah License Loophole" for Texans

pooley

Hello Walt, See post #17 in this thread.

I've been meaning to ask about lonestarcdl.org, is it a fairly new organization? I clicked over there earlier & there isn't much info, kinda like it's still being set up.

rodbender

I've been meaning to ask about lonestarcdl.org, is it a fairly new organization? I clicked over there earlier & there isn't much info, kinda like it's still being set up.

It is actually brand new. It has very few members. It needs a lot more. It was set up with the help of AzCDL.

pooley

It is actually brand new. It has very few members. It needs a lot more. It was set up with the help of AzCDL.

That explains a lot. It's hard for groups like this one to get going, most people don't put much stock in it till the member base gets pretty big. I'll shoot the lead guy an email & see if there's anything I can do to help.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Just join. As the bill gets entered the LSCDL will establish district leaders to help promote the bill. The LSCDL plans to lobby the hell out of this bill. As a nonprofit organization, the members fee's go to the expense travel and motel rooms.
Every penny the LSCDL gets goes directly to increasing your rights.
So far the LSCDL has members who have a lot to offer. From school teachers, retired military people, web builders, accountants, people in the medical field, and of course me the mecahnic.
These people are the lobbyist. Texans can and will lobby for what we want! :banana:

pooley

Oh yeah, I agree with you 100%. If TSRA won't push for OC we just need to form our own group to do it. Looks like LSCDL is on the right track.

rushcreek2

I have joined LSCDL - even though Colorado is my official residency of record, because I support the effort in Texas. Who knows - if Texas follows the example set by Arizona - I may consider changing my residency status . If the Texas legislature passes that HCR 50 (10A) resolution, and enacts constitutional carry - I may just list my Colorado home on the market.

Last edited:

Fisherman

That explains a lot. It's hard for groups like this one to get going, most people don't put much stock in it till the member base gets pretty big. I'll shoot the lead guy an email & see if there's anything I can do to help.

Lone Star Citizens Defense League is fairly new but the founder has been researching Texas gun laws for a long time. I recently put up a forum on the site that only members can post in and with a couple of areas viewable only to members. More pages are about to be loaded up for the site as soon as I get the info edited and make sure it's correct.

What we could use is lots of voices on our rolls. Now's the time with things being like they are. In the last couple of months, I am more optimistic than I have been since we started this thing. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It's a dim light right now but it's very slowly getting brighter and gaining momentum. We could use help in getting the word out about joining LSCDL by members talking it up at gun shows, the grocery store, the range, etc... There's an application in PDF on the site that you can download and print off and take with you. If you have a table at a gun show, get them to sign up right there. There are all kinds of ways to get the word out.

Open carry is getting and will get support. I don't want to speak out of turn but you'll be surprised at who supports it. What I mean is, it's surprising to me that these guys (especially that guy) support it. Who woulda thunk it? Hmmm... So, until this thing has a number, that's all I have to say about that.

We're just tired of Texas being the step-child with respect to gun laws. Seems like some states that you might think of as liberal, have better rights than Texas. I mean this is Texas for goodness sake! Texas, mom, apple pie and (constitutionally kept and carried) guns!!! We are doing something about completing that picture. What you all can do is get as many to join as possible (for half the price of a box of shells) and this thing will domino.

If some of that didn't make sense, it's because sometimes I tend to ramble on a bit. Please join with us and we'll be as one huge voice and make a difference in Austin and all of Texas!

I'm Fisherman and I approve of this message. I hope you do too.

bushwacker

Ok now this is what I think we should somehow organize , Contact all out of state license holders and ask them to make a copy of their license and send them in all on the same day or all together in one big package with a letter stating that tx can have their license back if they want to close reciprocty and to please refund the monies on the remaining time that they have left. this way maybe tx will see with all the copies of license, just how much money could be lost. what do ya think? now lets say that one stops carrying in tx cause his license is from another state and he/she get into a situation where they get harmed or killed and the out come of events would have been different should tx had honored their out of states license and the person was able to carry. Would this be grounds for a big lawsuit against the state of tx by the person or thier family? wonder if this has even been considered before drawing up sb34

MR Redenck

Ok now this is what I think we should somehow organize , Contact all out of state license holders and ask them to make a copy of their license and send them in all on the same day or all together in one big package with a letter stating that tx can have their license back if they want to close reciprocty and to please refund the monies on the remaining time that they have left. this way maybe tx will see with all the copies of license, just how much money could be lost. what do ya think? now lets say that one stops carrying in tx cause his license is from another state and he/she get into a situation where they get harmed or killed and the out come of events would have been different should tx had honored their out of states license and the person was able to carry. Would this be grounds for a big lawsuit against the state of tx by the person or thier family? wonder if this has even been considered before drawing up sb34
The state wouldnt care either way. That why Texas had no right to carry at all for 136 years prior to the CHL being put into effect in 1996.
Liberal law doesnt support your right to self defense. It only prevent criminals from getting their ass shot!