Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: st.joseph

st.joseph

Just posting because I thought it would be a good ideal if the st.joe ocers would like to get together about once a week for coffee,and descuss oc and to get it out there so more people will know and understand.just a thought

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haw!
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

Thumbs up

Once a week? You guys will run out of things to talk about.
    Let me know if you guys get this going though.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

No I don't think so,if we can educate more people maybe more will join us.we could do it at a different location every week,and it would give everyone something to do once a week instead of just the weekends.

gunman i hear u, but im too with chiang that u would run out of things to talk about just like the greater kansas city group we meet once a month and we have so much to talk about but i dont think meeting once a week there would be alot to talk about but i would not mind meet with some of my greater kansas city guys more than just r monthly meetings but if u all do plan on doin something i will try and make at least one or two a month

it doesn't matter to me if we do it once or twice a month as long as we do something to get more people informed and hopefully invovled.

I think we should have a 'meeting' at the range =()

We could do that to.

Oooooh, a winter shoot at Pigeon Hill? Sounds intriguing. Who wants to do coffee this weekend? Still have yet to meet with our brother-in-arms Tyrus.

I will be there,time and place

And how about marc and I think there are a couple more ocers in st.joe to.come on guys lets do the coffee thing this weekend.

I'm free all day Saturday. What shall we do? Where shall we meet?

I'm free all day Saturday.

How about ihop for breakfast tomorrow,about 9:00 would be a good time,not to early,not to late.

I wish I had read your response earlier, Sam. Little late now, but I'd still like to meet today. Marc! Tyrus! Will you join us?

I think all the st joe guys dissapeared,guess its just the rev and i.what happen?

Well i forgot to check on this thread after the first time i seen it and it wouldn't matter cuz i dont do mornings now going to the range or somewhere for dinner might work out real good

if your wanting something to do this weekend, why dont you come to the blue springs meeting? its not to far away. hell i coming from springfield LOL.

and as far as the weekly thing. the ST. Louis guys do it weekly and they apparently find things to talk about, so i dont know if it is true. it might just vary on the time of the year, and how exciting the people are in the group i personaly wish i could get enough people in springfield area that would show up for a weekly or bi weekly, but i having a hard time doing monthly meets. so i dont see that happening. but the few that do show up. i seem to not finish it all and i end up talking to them on FB or something. so i think bi weekly would be nice. plus give me a reason to go out and eat some good food. but if you find weekly to be overkill, do bi weekly.

Unhappy

I am going to the meet in blue springs this weekend,its always a good time.can't wait mmmm bbq.
    Last edited by gunman; 02-07-2011 at 09:47 PM.

also gunman, if you do make a regular meet, send me a PM when you do. and i add it to my OC FB page. there a few that are from the KC area that like to meet i think but arent close to springfield to meet up at my meets. i posted the blue springs one, and i got 2 or 3 that said they are going to go. and this is the first time i posted any non springfield area meets. i sometimes forget some arent from my area.

Yea I will let you know.rev bcal and myself are trying to set up a meet here,but it always seems like there is never a good time when everyone can attend,there are not a lot of us here in st joe.a weekly or monthly meet would be nice.but I don't think anyone wants to do it with just 4 or 5 people in this area,but we will keep working on it and keep you informed.thanks for your intrest and help.

Quote Originally Posted by gunman View Post
    Yea I will let you know.rev bcal and myself are trying to set up a meet here,but it always seems like there is never a good time when everyone can attend,there are not a lot of us here in st joe.a weekly or monthly meet would be nice.but I don't think anyone wants to do it with just 4 or 5 people in this area,but we will keep working on it and keep you informed.thanks for your intrest and help.
    whats wrong with 4 or 5 guys? thats about the size we have in springfield, and we enjoy ourseves. hell at our last meet, we only had 3 people counting me. but we still lasted 2 or so hours.

plus its like big boy said on the feb 12 blue springs thread. they started with only 4 and now are in the 20 mark. and the same will prob go for you guys. you wont start off at that 20 mark. you start at that 4 or 5 and go to the 20 mark.

course i not very familiar with st. joseph. but its a smaller town, and so your prob not going to get as many as they are with being from KC, unless you can get some KC people to go up there as well. also if you want to try to get more people. go see if some shops will let you post some fliers.

Your right st.joe is a small town,as far as I know by the post on here there is only 5 people that oc here,and as of now I have only met two of them.as I said in another post we tried to have meets but it seems like there is never a good time for everyone,or they are just not on here very often and they are not seeing the invite.I'm not sure what the problem is.but that's ok as long as kc keeps have a meet I will be there.maybe it will get better sometime in the near future

I think Sam was just noting that out of the 4 or 5 people that OC regularly in St. Joe, he and I are the only two that really participate up here. We have had some trouble getting the few active carriers motivated into fellowship. That's why he and I enjoyed coming to KC. We were there last month, and we'll be there this Saturday. Having said, and having been here online for over two years, I look forward to meeting you, goalseter.

ok that was my misinterpretation, i thought you meant that with not finding a time that works for everyone, that you only had 4 or 5 show out of them all. well i try not to make you state it a third time

yah it be nice to meet yah to Reverend BCal. it will be nice to meet all the KC/st. joseph for the first time actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast