• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TaborCity

TaborCity

Any one from Tabor city area, Columbus county NC

And any body know what medical conditions would stop me from getting permit to buy handgun in North Carolina

No record of any kind just disabled due to 85% hearing loss in both ears, not sure if this is a medical condition that would prevent me from getting permit.

Any info would help.

jerz_subbie

It shouldn't matter one bit.

Not sure about NC, but on Defensivecarry there is a deaf guy from LA who carries and I remember him posting about a traffic stop, "... recently I was pulled over by LEO. As required, I informed him I'm carrying and hand him my CHL. His response was, "why is a deaf person carrying a gun?" I just don't think he realized what he said at first, because immediately after he asked, saw the look on my face, realized what he said, then quickly change the subject. At least I got a warning."

There is also another guy on there who said his blind dad has a CHP.

Last edited:

Spearhead

The only "medical conditions" database they check in N.C. is mental health commitments.

here is also another guy on there who said his blind dad has a CHP.
Is this humor? I sure hope I ain't in the same convenient store as him when it gets robbed!
How did he qualify on the range?

Last edited: