Thread: In Atlanta GA, a routine traffic stop will get you a body cavity search...

In Atlanta GA, a routine traffic stop will get you a body cavity search...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

Apparently, the Atlanta PD thinks their jurisdiction includes the "Hershey Highway".

Eeeewwwww....

Needless to say, there is a lawsuit pending.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

um... ewwwwww?

Under almost ANY circumstances, I would not physically resist an officer even if I knew what they were doing was wrong.

But I would be in big trouble had this been me in this situation. No one except my doctor and bbw's are allowed to touch my "bathing suit area". A fight would ensue, I would lose, I would remain proud.
    Last edited by Smith45acp; 02-01-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Is it any wonder that the term "red dog" is a euphamim for something unprintable on this family-friendly forum?

Sounds to me like that "special" unit enjoys practicing their unlawful artistry.

A lot.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

It was not a body cavity search, but it did involve exposing his underwear while in public view.

This is not the first time a situation has been brought to the attention of The Powers that Be, and there are cases from several sate supreme courts as well as SCOTUS all agreeing that what was done went too far. The cops in this case will most likely be found to be in the position of being expected to have known that the level of intrusion into the privacy of the individual was too great to have been done in public, no matter how exigent the circumstances.

Unfortunately, there will be issues of limited soverign imunity to be overcome. In a case like this it should mostly be the matter of time and showing that the prior cases put the cops on notice, then the ruling that they are not entitled to that protection.

Sometimes it is a wonder how folks continue to do stupid. And then there are times when all you can do is look at them, shake your head and say "Well bless their hearts" and hope they get assigned chaperones for the rest of their lives.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Sometimes it is a wonder how folks continue to do stupid. And then there are times when all you can do is look at them, shake your head and say "Well bless their hearts" and hope they get assigned chaperones for the rest of their lives.
    It's a lot like watching zombies running into concrete walls over and over, isn't it? Perhaps it's the repetitive concussive injuries...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

Apparently, the Atlanta PD thinks their jurisdiction includes the "Hershey Highway".

Eeeewwwww....

Needless to say, there is a lawsuit pending.
    now i understand why my mom always said to wear clean underwear when i went out!