Thread: Good Article On Why Women Should Own Guns

Good Article On Why Women Should Own Guns

I thought maybe our lady friends would appreciate the fact that guns are not for the guys only. It could be fairly said that women have more need to carry then men. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity...women-own-guns
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Top photo looks like she's holding a shopped-in luger.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    Top photo looks like she's holding a shopped-in luger.
    I could be wrong but that looks like a Nambu. a semi-automatic pistol used by the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy during the First and Second World Wars. the photographer is Oleg Volk, famous for several hundred of these posters. He has folks pictured with many different guns.

Here's a link to his gallery...

Don't think it's 'shopped' either.

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/main.php
    Last edited by hardballer; 01-31-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Centurion
    While I fully agree that women SHOULD own firearms, they are much more useful when needed IF THEY ARE CARRIED BY THIER OWNERS!

I agree that it looks like a Nambu. As my father has both a Luger and Nambu from WWII I think I have it right.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I could be wrong but that looks like a Nambu. a semi-automatic pistol used by the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy during the First and Second World Wars. the photographer is Oleg Volk, famous for several hundred of these posters. He has folks pictured with many different guns.

Just an FYI, some of those photos are NSFW.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Back On Topic Of This Post

To get back on topic of this post - we really should emphasize to the anti-gun crowd that their attitude is misogynist (anti-woman). The Brady Bunch is on record as saying that it is better for a woman to submit to being raped than to carry a handgun to defeat the threat posed by her attacker. This is BS in its most dangerous (to women) form.

This article is but one of many with the same theme. The problem is that we (the 2A guys) do not use the "hype" terms of the day. The term misogynist is the "n-word" of 2011. Let's use it. Lets take the position that anti-gun folks are "pro-rape" and "anti-feminist". Let us educate the Country that the anti-gun crowd want to deprive women of defense and subject them to violent sexual assault.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

It's not the Nambu as seen below. the top of it is curved. The Pistol in the picture is a luger p-08
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-01-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    It's not the Nambu as seen below. the top of it is curved. The Pistol in the picture is a luger p-08
    The Luger as seen here is the same weapon she is carrying.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    ok
    Thanks Glock34, nice posters.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.