• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Article On Why Women Should Own Guns

protias

possum_s.jpg

gun_control_tshirt-p235034458532005991qn8v_400.jpg

guncontrol-woman.jpeg

s_am18.jpg

s_fightback.jpg

hardballer

Top photo looks like she's holding a shopped-in luger.
I could be wrong but that looks like a Nambu. a semi-automatic pistol used by the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy during the First and Second World Wars. the photographer is Oleg Volk, famous for several hundred of these posters. He has folks pictured with many different guns.

Here's a link to his gallery...

Don't think it's 'shopped' either.

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/main.php

Last edited:

TyGuy

I agree that it looks like a Nambu. As my father has both a Luger and Nambu from WWII I think I have it right.

protias

I could be wrong but that looks like a Nambu. a semi-automatic pistol used by the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy during the First and Second World Wars. the photographer is Oleg Volk, famous for several hundred of these posters. He has folks pictured with many different guns.

Just an FYI, some of those photos are NSFW. ;)

jpm84092

Back On Topic Of This Post

To get back on topic of this post - we really should emphasize to the anti-gun crowd that their attitude is misogynist (anti-woman). The Brady Bunch is on record as saying that it is better for a woman to submit to being raped than to carry a handgun to defeat the threat posed by her attacker. This is BS in its most dangerous (to women) form.

This article is but one of many with the same theme. The problem is that we (the 2A guys) do not use the "hype" terms of the day. The term misogynist is the "n-word" of 2011. Let's use it. Lets take the position that anti-gun folks are "pro-rape" and "anti-feminist". Let us educate the Country that the anti-gun crowd want to deprive women of defense and subject them to violent sexual assault.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

It's not the Nambu as seen below. the top of it is curved. The Pistol in the picture is a luger p-08

Last edited: