• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Neenah gun friendly?

Zeus

5PM this eve. had to go grocery shopping so I went to the usual place, Pic N Save Neenah. Figured after it got robbed a few weeks back might be a good idea to bring some company with me (357 SIG type). I had one young guy ask me about OC and he said he might start after seeing me which is great. Also a nice gentleman thanked me for exercising my second amendment rights. I thanked him for saying so and I have to say, I think maybe more people are starting to get it. All in all a great night. I figure there are probably some who might not like to see me carrying but those folks are also probably so paranoid about it that they won't say anything. I really think some of these anti gun freaks think that they might get shot for voicing their opinion. We always fear what we don't understand I guess. Just wanted to post to maybe boost others confidence in OCing.

Krusty

I've been carrying since springtime and have almost never had anyone mention my carrying. Generally my gun is on my right side in a higher belt holster with my arm covering most of it. I'm not trying to advertise the fact that I'm carrying and I keep moving so maybe people just don't want to chase me down. It works for me and I'm glad to hear that there is such good communication out there.

Carry On!

johnny amish

Nice.
Curiousity is the most common response I get if anybody even notices. Most people want to know if it is legal, if I'm a cop or what kind of permit do I need to do that. The answers always encourages good positive conversation. To date I have had no problems and don't expect I will.
Well done, carry on and carry proud.

Carcharodon

I took a friend with me to Wal-Mart yesterday to observe peoples reactions to my weapon. he stayed back a bit and people watched while I did my shopping. We came out of the store with him pleasantly surprised at the lack of reaction from other shoppers. He said he only noticed 2 people giving me a second glance. One in the parking lot while chambering a round and one other in the checkout line. I have only been in one "situation" in Neenah and that was easily diffused. John

lance galloway

Yes I must say the word is geting out I was at church a few weeks ago and had a guy come up to me and said I see you carry a gun I bet you get people calling the cops on you and befor I could say anything a guy next to him jumps in and says I doubt it more and more people are OCing I was in La Crosse at the coffee shop and seen some guys OCing there. The first guy then says thats cool and shakes my hand and leaves.

xd40 neenah

I took a friend with me to Wal-Mart yesterday to observe peoples reactions to my weapon. he stayed back a bit and people watched while I did my shopping. We came out of the store with him pleasantly surprised at the lack of reaction from other shoppers. He said he only noticed 2 people giving me a second glance. One in the parking lot while chambering a round and one other in the checkout line. I have only been in one "situation" in Neenah and that was easily diffused. John

I am doing this as part of one of my classes. Its a psych class and needed to watch people's reactions to something and figured we would get a couple. Oddly, we only got a couple so far. The most was at Kohls in Neenah. I guess I'm gonna have to try Hobby Lobby in Appleton because Neenah doesn't react....I like that.

M

McX

Yes I must say the word is geting out I was at church a few weeks ago and had a guy come up to me and said I see you carry a gun I bet you get people calling the cops on you and befor I could say anything a guy next to him jumps in and says I doubt it more and more people are OCing I was in La Crosse at the coffee shop and seen some guys OCing there. The first guy then says thats cool and shakes my hand and leaves.

truly a slam dunk- bass-e-ball jones moment!

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...fp=1&tit=basketball+jones+orig.+1975+animated