• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's Trip Monday 1/31/11 / Norma's for Lunch

Deleted_User

I will be taking a trip south tomorrow. My mom has yet to be down there and I decided to take her to Cabela's in Lacey for the day. I will also be doing a Norma's run (The shack, not the one down in Old Nisqually) for lunch. I expect to be @ Cabela's for 12 noon. If anyone is around, feel free to say hi. I don't OC this area often but usually spot someone carrying when I do.

I've yet to fully OC all my garb but have YET to have a problem @ Cabela's. Mayhaps I'll spot someone for lunch.

Deleted_User

You'll be there in spirit

CabelasOC.jpg

I doubt OC will be a problem :) It hasn't been in the past. I'll have a burger for you bro.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Wish I could have been there. I see DevilDoc there in that picture. I miss that guy. Wish all the haters wouldn't have chased him off.

Do they make you truly check your firearm there (based on the sign) -- as in give them your firearm?

They only make you clear your firearm if you will be fitting holsters or if you are having a gun serviced by the gunsmith, or something like that. They just don't want loaded weapons being removed from their holsters or cases to do this. You can walk around with it on your hip all day if you want.

Deleted_User

+1 Tom Brewster - That sign says Weapons carried in a concealed or open carry manner are welcome. Cabela's PROUDLY supports the 2nd amendment! (Paraphrazing)

We shopped for over an hour and checked out some guns. I also got a Surefire G2 flashlight. It was marked for $40, on sale for $25, and I got it for FREE! It's yellow, but who cares!

Techno Weenie also pointed me out to Cascade Arms where I got Hogue grips for my Beretta! All in all, it was a GREAT day in Olympia! I doubt I'll eat anytime soon. That Norma's burger was ridiculous!

Attendees on 12 hours notice:
Goose +1
Ani +1
My Mom
massivedesign
Techno Weenie

Last edited:

amlevin

I don't believe it was the "asking" part that chased him off.

To some it appears that he has chosen to either leave or be silent because his recording doesn't support his contentions.

If that's the case it's too bad. Men are often judged more favorably by their ability to own up to their mistakes rather than remain in denial.

Then of course we may never know both sides of this story until the "recording" is made available to all.