• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Write Sen. Bogdanoff NOW! - Support Florida Open Carry

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Restore Common Sense to Carry Laws,
Support Florida Open Carry.

"I think [the open carry bill] is a little bit overkill," said Florida state Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff (R) to the Sun-Sentinel.

"There's a way to solve [the accidental exposure issue] without allowing people to openly carry,"
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/columnists/fl-gun-laws-mayocol-b013011-20110129,0,6377558.column

Accidental exposure of a concealed firearm is only one of the problems we face in Florida as one of only 7 states that generally ban open carry.

Our lawmakers need to understand that in 43 states have open carry and repealing Florida’s highly unusual ban will save lives.

Open Carry was banned in Florida based on the same "wild west" and "blood in the streets" lies used to fight against Concealed Carry 24 years ago. These arguments have been proven absolutely false in the 43 Open Carry and 48 Concealed Carry States, including Florida. The Fact is that crime is reduced when law abiding citizens are able to defend themselves.

Open Carry is just another tool in the box that will allow the same people who carry now to be able to select the carry method that best fits the environment and situation at hand.

Write Sen. Bogdanoff NOW! bogdanoff.ellyn.web@flsenate.gov
Put “Support Florida Open Carry” in the subject line.

Let her know that it is time to end Florida’s Open Carry Ban and allow law abiding citizens to choose the method of carry that makes sense for them as they can in 43 other states.

Last edited: