• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Represented at Tanner gun show?

Bebop

I had a thought yesterday after going to the Tanner gun show. Walking thru you see booths for organizations and interest groups. Has anyone ever given thought to getting some people together with some flyer's or what not with information about OC in Colorado (and maybe some surrounding states).

We wouldn't need to go every time the show came into Denver but maybe a couple times a year. I know the logistics of it may be kind of difficult. We would need to raise some money initially to get a spot at the show, I am not even sure how much they run. We would need money to create and print the information. We could consider selling some t-shirts with designs or slogans to make money for the next show. I am also not sure how to set up the funds or hold the funds so they are not misused. Thinking about this however, if we hand out flyer's with information about ability to OC in Colorado would we want to have a lawyer look over it first? Because there seems to be confusions even within OCDO about some places where you can and cannot carry. Maybe I am getting in over my head.

If this has been talked about before and turned down let me know. If not maybe someone who has done something like this before can chime in about how to go about doing this.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
I would think that to have this website (OCDO) represented either John or Mike would have to sign off on it.

If we got some sort of separate Colorado OC group started then you might be on to something.

Folks in other states have peridocially started small state or local open cary groups, or run open carry related booths at gun shows or fairs promoting open carry rights - if any OpenCarry member wants to run such a booth and display a sign promoting OpenCarry.org etc, that would be fine.

Josh.M

Im here in Delta, CO until friday when I move to Greeley, CO. I would be interested in making OC a public educational thing.

Bebop

The irony that you can't carry at the gun show...

Yeah, that has always annoyed me. However, the sign says you can't carry loaded. It however fails to define what loaded means. No round in the chamber, no mag? It doesn't say that you can't have the gun and the ammo on you but just not have a round in the chamber.

zach

Yeah, that has always annoyed me. However, the sign says you can't carry loaded. It however fails to define what loaded means. No round in the chamber, no mag? It doesn't say that you can't have the gun and the ammo on you but just not have a round in the chamber.

More than likely I will never attend a Tanner show to find out. The one show I did attend I found to be worthless and not monetarily viable.