Thread: Racist roots of gun control

Racist roots of gun control

Gun permits arrived after the civil war because the whites in the south feared freed blacks being armed. Permits were the method used to deny blacks the ability to lawfully own guns. It is my contention that any permitting scheme put in place by our legislators will have a racial impact as well. The people that need personal protection the most live in poor, crime ridden, mostly minority inhabited, inner city neighborhoods who can ill afford that addition expenses of permitting. The failed "Personal Protection bill" would have cost approximately $200 in training costs and fees.

I am shocked to think our legislators would support a permitting scheme that would cause a huge disparity, largely based on racial income disparities, in the ability to defend oneself.

The political rhetoric paints the Republicans as not caring about minorities and paints the democrats as the party that cares about them. We shall see if the political rhetoric is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Gun permits arrived after the civil war because the whites in the south feared freed blacks being armed. Permits were the method used to deny blacks the ability to lawfully own guns. It is my contention that any permitting scheme put in place by our legislators will have a racial impact as well. The people that need personal protection the most live in poor, crime ridden, mostly minority inhabited, inner city neighborhoods who can ill afford that addition expenses of permitting. The failed "Personal Protection bill" would have cost approximately $200 in training costs and fees.

I am shocked to think our legislators would support a permitting scheme that would cause a huge disparity, largely based on racial income disparities, in the ability to defend oneself.

The political rhetoric paints the Republicans as not caring about minorities and paints the democrats as the party that cares about them. We shall see if the political rhetoric is accurate.
    If they were as Politically correct as they make themselves out to be, they would abolish all gun control.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    If they were as Politically correct as they make themselves out to be, they would abolish all gun control.
    I firmly believe in gun control. You should be able to control your gun well enough to hit your target.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I firmly believe in gun control. You should be able to control your gun well enough to hit your target.
    Be sure to use both hands .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Be sure to use both hands .
    So two guns?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I actually posted about this on another forum a while back.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...n-control.html

One of the best studies I have ever read about it is here

http://www.lizmichael.com/tahmasse.htm

I am sure once you read it you will see that there is a lot more to it than just passing laws to stop blacks from carrying a gun.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

So if any of these anti's would check on the programs and policies that they are pushing, they would find them to be RACIST! So I guess that would mean that the anti's are also RACIST for backing such a policy! I conclude that all anti gun nut jobs are a bunch of RACISTS!

I think that is the "logic" that they would use!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    So if any of these anti's would check on the programs and policies that they are pushing, they would find them to be RACIST! So I guess that would mean that the anti's are also RACIST for backing such a policy! I conclude that all anti gun nut jobs are a bunch of RACISTS!

I think that is the "logic" that they would use!
    Rights are rights. None have value if any are lost. Because of this, I have always looked at the "anti-gun movement", as an "anti-rights movement". Hey, a cow is a cow, no matter what color you paint it.
    I am all for the "idea" of a group like WAVE. My city could use all the help it can get. Bad people are the problem, not guns, or knifes, or pipes for that matter (Tom Barrett). Bad people need to be put in jail, and stay in jail. If it truly takes the loss of our rights to "keep us safe", I would have to say the laws just don't work. Our rights work just fine.

McX
    i saw in the paper this am that some arab group can now carry their symbolic daggers in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    So two guns?
    +1
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.