Thread: SB 0057 & SB 0058 (HB 4009&4010) PFZ repeal.

warren, Michigan, USA

Thumbs up SB 0057 & SB 0058 (HB 4009&4010) PFZ repeal.

Now the Senate is on line.Time to contact my Senator.CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Hazel Park, Michigan, USA
    Cool beans, looks like these are just to strike out the bad stuff, which is what we want.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Does this mean that it's out of committee?

Lansing, Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Does this mean that it's out of committee?
    No, it means a separate bill was introduced in the Senate. Either the house bills or the Senate Bills will eventually need to be dropped and one chamber will need to adopt the other chamber's bill. If I had to guess, it'll be the House's Bill that will be dropped as the Senate Bill breaks the components of the House bill up into more pieces and it has a Republican sponsor. The Republicans don't want to vote for a Democratic bill even if it's a Republican cause. Childish games....

ETA: This bill has been referred to the Judiciary Committee. I know someone at work who is close to the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman. I understand from him the Republicans don't plan to address any "social" legislative changes, like this one, until they have a 2 year budget passed. This is going to be done (so it is said) by the end of June.
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-31-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.