• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 0057 & SB 0058 (HB 4009&4010) PFZ repeal.

TheQ

Does this mean that it's out of committee?

No, it means a separate bill was introduced in the Senate. Either the house bills or the Senate Bills will eventually need to be dropped and one chamber will need to adopt the other chamber's bill. If I had to guess, it'll be the House's Bill that will be dropped as the Senate Bill breaks the components of the House bill up into more pieces and it has a Republican sponsor. The Republicans don't want to vote for a Democratic bill even if it's a Republican cause. Childish games....

ETA: This bill has been referred to the Judiciary Committee. I know someone at work who is close to the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman. I understand from him the Republicans don't plan to address any "social" legislative changes, like this one, until they have a 2 year budget passed. This is going to be done (so it is said) by the end of June.

Last edited: