• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are public OC meetings legal in St Charles City?

Tony4310

The way it is worded. Leads me to think they could careless if you have a lawful CCW permit. That if you carry in their town they'll lock you up regardless. Granted it would be thrown out because state law says you can carry anywhere in the state minus the restricted places that state names.

sohighlyunlikely

St Charles OC

The way it is worded. Leads me to think they could careless if you have a lawful CCW permit. That if you carry in their town they'll lock you up regardless. Granted it would be thrown out because state law says you can carry anywhere in the state minus the restricted places that state names.

Actually. Last year I had probably spent more time OC in St Charles city than any other jurisdiction. After one video recorded 20min detention. Within a month I was told by the LEO that detained me that the PD did an OC legal training and it is now understood as legal and I will have no further problem with St Charles. I have no fear OCing in St Charles. Just doing meetings.

Doc

Tony4310

Actually. Last year I had probably spent more time OC in St Charles city than any other jurisdiction. After one video recorded 20min detention. Within a month I was told by the LEO that detained me that the PD did an OC legal training and it is now understood as legal and I will have no further problem with St Charles. I have no fear OCing in St Charles. Just doing meetings.

Doc

That would be my only fear is they would say it was gang like activity.

kylemoul

Mr. Moul: Mayor York forwarded your inquiry to my attention for a response. In response to your inquiry, a firearm may be carried by a person within the City in conformity with Missouri law. Please contact me if you have questions. Thank you.

that was from the city attorney.

zekester

City Attorney

Michael Vilenti

MichaelVilenti@stcharlesmo.gov

With recent events, it may be wise to contact someone to be sure, especially if you plan a larger event.

Doc, If you want me to....I will see what i can do....I may have a venue to do this.

Last edited:

kylemoul

i asked michael to clairfy the weapons offence ordinance and he replied, quite well,

Mr. Moul: Please see below a dissection of the ordinance which you may use as a guide for analysis. I hope this helps you understand the ordinance.

134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS.

It shall be unlawful for any person:

1. to carry concealed upon or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description; [Section 571.101 RSMo (2003) made this lawful with a valid concealed carry endorsement]

2. to go into any:

a. church or place where people have assembled for religious worship,

b. school room or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes,

c. election precinct on any election day,

d. courtroom during the sitting of court,

e. other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state,

having upon or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons;

3. to, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner;

4. to have any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons in his possession when intoxicated; or

5. directly or indirectly, sell or deliver, loan or barter to any minor any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons, without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor;

but nothing contained in this section shall apply to:

a. legally qualified sheriffs, police officers and other persons whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal, make arrests, or aid in conserving the public peace; or

b. persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

bkajun06

one in st charles city by Droste Rd.

they dont have any signs on the doors about any firearms.

i dont see any issue shopping there. decisions in the past dont always make the future

I was just there for about 30 minutes today, people noticed I was carrying - but noone said anything because I was acting like everyone else... normal lol.

kylemoul

i stopped going there because they are the slowest schnucks i have ever seen.takes me 5 minutes to check out and they only have at the most 2 people running the registers.

i seen a highway patrol in there. i usually see the leo's at QT.

Oramac

DISCLAIMER: IANAL

That said, it appears to me that holding an OC gathering is legal, although I'm betting that law is written in crayon in the books. Seriously, didn't we learn about run-on sentences in 2nd grade?

EDIT: and I've been to many schnucks now that they've reversed their policy. I agree that it's dumb to not go to a place once they've changed their ways, as it discourages others from following suit. However, I've never OC'd in one.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
EDIT: and I've been to many schnucks now that they've reversed their policy. I agree that it's dumb to not go to a place once they've changed their ways, as it discourages others from following suit. However, I've never OC'd in one.

If you want to support companies that actively give money to anti-gun causes that is your business, but I do not consider it "dumb" at any level to boycott Schnucks and I have done so since the first day they donated money to kill gun rights of citizens.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It may have helped to bite them in the money ass after all.

Well with my usual popularity my question to those who choose not to maintain the boycott remains ineffectively answered.

Its open to any takers, especially encouraged are those who maintain it is dumb to continue it.

If Shucks (sp on purpose) said two years ago you were not good enough to shop there, what the hell makes it so nice that they now say you are good enough?

That is how they worded the pulling of the signs too. Paraphrased by me "Well we knew these idiots would be blasting each other over parking places and sale items and we knew they did not have the capacity to have guns and grocery shop, but in one market where we forgot to put signs no one acted like we knew these idiots would so now we are going to let the idiots come here too because if we don't get the idiots money in this crap economy we helped break with our libtard campaign backing we are going to fail. So please idiots, come give us your grocery dollars and take them away from reasonable stores that supported you all the way through the whole event, they really do not care about you like we do, we knew what was best then and know what is best now."

Now to get the record REAL effin clear, Smucks is ON RECORD with me NOT supporting OPEN CARRY at all while Dierbergs is indeed just like Starbucks and on RECORD stating they will make NO RESTRICTIONS beyond the laws of the location.

My dollars go to dierbergs and quickie stuff at shop n save, not a damn dime to smucks to give to the antigunners EVER AGAIN I ain't good enough for em, they told me and I do not forget.

Last edited:

Oramac

Well with my usual popularity my question to those who choose not to maintain the boycott remains ineffectively answered.

Its open to any takers, especially encouraged are those who maintain it is dumb to continue it.

If Shucks (sp on purpose) said two years ago you were not good enough to shop there, what the hell makes it so nice that they now say you are good enough?

That is how they worded the pulling of the signs too. Paraphrased by me "Well we knew these idiots would be blasting each other over parking places and sale items and we knew they did not have the capacity to have guns and grocery shop, but in one market where we forgot to put signs no one acted like we knew these idiots would so now we are going to let the idiots come here too because if we don't get the idiots money in this crap economy we helped break with our libtard campaign backing we are going to fail. So please idiots, come give us your grocery dollars and take them away from reasonable stores that supported you all the way through the whole event, they really do not care about you like we do, we knew what was best then and know what is best now."

Now to get the record REAL effin clear, Smucks is ON RECORD with me NOT supporting OPEN CARRY at all while Dierbergs is indeed just like Starbucks and on RECORD stating they will make NO RESTRICTIONS beyond the laws of the location.

My dollars go to dierbergs and quickie stuff at shop n save, not a damn dime to smucks to give to the antigunners EVER AGAIN I ain't good enough for em, they told me and I do not forget.

They are on record WITH YOU. Are they on record anywhere else? Someplace quantifiable and, dare I say it, relevant to the rest of us? If they specifically said that to me, I too would certainly not shop there no matter what they said, and I applaud you in your solidity. However, I've never seen or heard anything of the sort. If you could, please post the actual wording from the sign issue as well, since that might help your cause more than paraphrased ramblings.

Nothing against you. I'd probably enjoy a good conversation with you. But so far you've not really given anything more concrete than feelings to back up your decision, which I hate to say, is no better than my liberal friends.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
They are on record WITH YOU. Are they on record anywhere else? Someplace quantifiable and, dare I say it, relevant to the rest of us?

Nothing against you. I'd probably enjoy a good conversation with you. But so far you've not really given anything more concrete than feelings to back up your decision, which I hate to say, is no better than my liberal friends.

Well well, looks like I struck a nerve... in case you are wondering at all, I could care less.

Now since you have taken the tract that you have, effin look it up. Instead of being the jackass you are and calling people who maintain the boycott against them, take a damn good look at who you are spending YOUR DOLLARS WITH and then tell me who is DUMB.

Smucks donated 25k to defeat CCW on the ballot in what was it 2002? I forget the actual year of the vote but I do not forget that 25k is one if the largest if not the largest amount given to prevent you from being ALLOWED to ccw after proving you are not a criminal who has been caught. That is public information and is available from a great many sources, try your googlefu, some of us DUMB people managed to do it YEARS ago.

Now if you can recall the date when Smucks decided you were now good enough to allow you back into the store, you can lookie right here on this web space and find it publicly broadcast by THIS dumbie that he indeed contacted Smucks PR department and posted the letter I sent them right here on open carry dot org in the Missouri section because I am DUMB and thought since it was indeed a Missouri event it might have interest to other DUMBIES like myself who do not appreciate the way Smucks has treated them for years.

Now before you start flappin your freakin pie hole that there is no response in WRITING from them, let me be very clear, they CALLED me instead of written communications and I posted the context of the conversation in the same thread. Go find it because the PR guy for Smucks very clearly stated “they do not want people carrying guns where everyone can see them and they would not allow that” he then went on blathering about how Craig Smuck is a hunter and 2a supporter and Smucks got a bad rap from the gun groups.

So tell me oh brilliant one as I am too damn dumb to figure it out, why again is it a good idea to spend my dollars at Smucks who in turn hand those dollars to anti-gun activist and actively campaign against firearms rights? Once you figure out a good libtard answer for that, tell me how taking those dollars from Dierbergs who has never given monies to anti-gun causes, has IN WRITING (posted here on this webspace as well) from their PR director stated they support BOTH OPEN AND CONCEALED carry in their stores and will NOT limit it beyond the local laws governing the location they are in?

So hep this dumb old redneck figger this stuff out since you’re so freakin smart.

Now since you seem to want to fuss, how about we end it right here. I think you are an absolute moron for spending monies with an anti-gun organization if you are a pro-gun person and since the company in question has a long long anti-gun history that is extremely public and they chose to make it that way there is no question on the matter of their position. You on the other hand think I am Dumb for not spending a dime with em.

I think we can just let the folks here decide for themselves.

BTW do you do anything besides surf internet forums for gun rights? Do you contact any of the companies taking anti-gun positions? Do you ask any of them to remove their signs? Do you give any monies to gun causes? Stick with playing with cars because your attitude and thought process are not helping firearms rights anywhere.

Oramac

Well well, looks like I struck a nerve... in case you are wondering at all, I could care less.

It appears I struck one as well.

Now since you have taken the tract that you have, effin look it up. Instead of being the jackass you are and calling people who maintain the boycott against them, take a damn good look at who you are spending YOUR DOLLARS WITH and then tell me who is DUMB.

Smucks donated 25k to defeat CCW on the ballot in what was it 2002? I forget the actual year of the vote but I do not forget that 25k is one if the largest if not the largest amount given to prevent you from being ALLOWED to ccw after proving you are not a criminal who has been caught. That is public information and is available from a great many sources, try your googlefu, some of us DUMB people managed to do it YEARS ago.

I know about that and remember it just fine, thank you. Let me ask you this: if a liberal friend decided he was in the wrong, and wanted to start carrying, would you shun him because he used to disagree with you? He may have even donated money to defeat the cause he now supports. I have several friends like this. I hope that you do as well.

Now if you can recall the date when Smucks decided you were now good enough to allow you back into the store, you can lookie right here on this web space and find it publicly broadcast by THIS dumbie that he indeed contacted Smucks PR department and posted the letter I sent them right here on open carry dot org in the Missouri section because I am DUMB and thought since it was indeed a Missouri event it might have interest to other DUMBIES like myself who do not appreciate the way Smucks has treated them for years.

Please point out where I ever called you dumb?

Now before you start flappin your freakin pie hole that there is no response in WRITING from them, let me be very clear, they CALLED me instead of written communications and I posted the context of the conversation in the same thread. Go find it because the PR guy for Smucks very clearly stated “they do not want people carrying guns where everyone can see them and they would not allow that” he then went on blathering about how Craig Smuck is a hunter and 2a supporter and Smucks got a bad rap from the gun groups.

How many times have we seen PR guys who don't have any idea what they're talking about? As you said, there's a great many thread about it even here in the Missouri section.

So tell me oh brilliant one as I am too damn dumb to figure it out, why again is it a good idea to spend my dollars at Smucks who in turn hand those dollars to anti-gun activist and actively campaign against firearms rights? Once you figure out a good libtard answer for that, tell me how taking those dollars from Dierbergs who has never given monies to anti-gun causes, has IN WRITING (posted here on this webspace as well) from their PR director stated they support BOTH OPEN AND CONCEALED carry in their stores and will NOT limit it beyond the local laws governing the location they are in?

I never suggested that you shop anywhere else. I simply stated that I understand the people who do shop as Schnucks and I occasionally join them.

So hep this dumb old redneck figger this stuff out since you’re so freakin smart.

I'm still trying to figure out where I called you a dumb redneck.

Now since you seem to want to fuss, how about we end it right here. I think you are an absolute moron for spending monies with an anti-gun organization if you are a pro-gun person and since the company in question has a long long anti-gun history that is extremely public and they chose to make it that way there is no question on the matter of their position. You on the other hand think I am Dumb for not spending a dime with em.

I really didn't want a fuss. But since it's here, I appreciate you stating your case. Even if it is in a belittling manner. As for their long history, as I said in my previous example, I wouldn't shun a liberal friend who changed their mind, and I don't see a difference between that and a business. And again, I don't see where I said you were dumb. Although I am now rethinking whether or not I would enjoy a conversation with you.

I think we can just let the folks here decide for themselves.

That we can.

BTW do you do anything besides surf internet forums for gun rights? Do you contact any of the companies taking anti-gun positions? Do you ask any of them to remove their signs? Do you give any monies to gun causes? Stick with playing with cars because your attitude and thought process are not helping firearms rights anywhere.

Yes I do, as a matter of fact. I gave a No Guns = No Money card to an Imos here in Ofallon and when I next went by, their sign was gone. I've donated money to the NRA. I've even contacted and become good friends (first name basis) with many of our State Representatives.

Last edited:

xdmcompact

Although I am now rethinking whether or not I would enjoy a conversation with you.

I hope you are coming Sunday, remember we are trying to accomplish the same thing. Rich is good company, strong headed as well. When you let opinions stop you from a greater good than you are no better than the Anti's. Come out meet everyone and see for yourself, it is good Rich is on our side.:)

mspgunner

I hope you are coming Sunday, remember we are trying to accomplish the same thing. Rich is good company, strong headed as well. When you let opinions stop you from a greater good than you are no better than the Anti's. Come out meet everyone and see for yourself, it is good Rich is on our side.:)

Ditto!

xd shooter

They are on record WITH YOU. Are they on record anywhere else? Someplace quantifiable and, dare I say it, relevant to the rest of us? If they specifically said that to me, I too would certainly not shop there no matter what they said, and I applaud you in your solidity. However, I've never seen or heard anything of the sort. If you could, please post the actual wording from the sign issue as well, since that might help your cause more than paraphrased ramblings.

LMTD, I believe he's asking for a cite, which according to the rules of this site, should be provided to back up your rants. Otherwise they are just that, a rant, and just your "opinion".

Telling someone to

effin look it up

Is very poor form...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
LMTD, I believe he's asking for a cite, which according to the rules of this site, should be provided to back up your rants. Otherwise they are just that, a rant, and just your "opinion".

Telling someone to

Is very poor form...

Not really, I was going to link to it, but then I thought WTF, he wants to be the way he is so let him do a bit of research on the topic himself. He said persons who refused to shop with smucks are dumb, I refuse to shop with smucks so let his smart self look it up, if this dumb person can post it, that smart person should be able to find it.