• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally a Story instead of a Question

Chap

I know this won't be as exciting as Open Carrying in a town with LEO's preaching their opinions..... but here goes.

I have MS FireArms Permit and carry concealed under an un-tucked shirt.

I was in a check out line at the Greenville. MS Walmart. An Older woman in front of me, tapped me on my waist/belt line to let me know there was room on the conveyor belt for my items.

I thanked her, she then leaned in close to ask quietly if she had just felt a gun under my shirt. I responded in a normal voice volume, "Yes Ma'am."

She quietly asked if I was a Marshall or a police officer? I replied in normal conversation tone. "No Ma'am". She said out loud " You can't do that, my late husband was a Marshall"

I said in a normal tone "Yes Ma'am I can, I have a Concealed weapons permit." The lady started looking around real quick. :uhoh: I figured she was looking for management. :uhoh:

The check out girl said cool, I've been thinking about getting mine. I replied it only cost $132 bucks. The lady behind me chimes in "Yea go to Sheriff's office thats where I got mine." Everyone in line was shaking their heads up and down like yep thats correct.

I look at the lady in front of me, she seems calmer and asks "Whats your name?" I replied with my name, she starts laughing and says I knew I recognized you. She asked did you marry a girl from this town? I said yes about 15 years ago (were divorced) her name was Laura __________. She said "Yep that was my niece."

We had a big laugh. :D

Not the best story but the only one I've got.......................Guess you just had to be there.

Chap

Last edited: