• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so what are the three branches of our government ?

oldbanger

let us ask an expert :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;Pbw1JQbe-_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbw1JQbe-_E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

:eek:

Last edited:

PT111

No wonder my thought process is so screwed up. I have been looking at the whole gubmint process wrong for all these years. Maybe I need to reread the constitution to see what it really says.

M

McX

the 3 branches of government?: Injustice, Ignorance, and Incompetence.

rushcreek2

The ROOTS of those 3 branches are comprised of " WE THE PEOPLE......" who ORDAINED and ESTABLISHED those three branches of government.

The necessary right of citizenship enumerated, and SHIELDED against government infringement in Amendment Two to the U.S. Constitution - seems to have escaped Scheister Schumer's notice. On the other hand - he seems to be obsessed with consigning the 2A to the recycle bin.

I am being nagged by the thought that the season has arrived to clarify with a constitutional amendment that the 2A means precisely what it says.

That clarity being:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be

infringed." [AMENDED TO FURTHER ADD] :

"This right of the people to keep and bear arms encompasses any personal service

implement of arms that may be individually carried. This right exists within the jurisdictions of all

the several states, the federal district of Columbia known as Washington, and all territories

subject to unrestricted public travel, access, and commerce within the jurisdiction of these United States.

The free exercise of this right is subject only to reasonable restriction in

certain specific sensitive locations, where a substantial, and compelling government

public safety interest can be demonstrated. Upon completion of any sentence resulting

from conviction for a crime involving burglary, arson, violence, or threat of violence or institutionalization for mental health reasons

resulting in an act of violence this right shall be restored without any further requirement for affirmative action by the individual, or

any agency of government following a period of ten years during which a citizen's predilection towards

good behavior has been demonstrated by the aquisition of no additional violent criminal conviction, or further

institutionalization due to violent mental health instability. Upon completion of sentence resulting from conviction for a crime not

involving, burglary, arson, violence, or threat of violence or institutionalization for mental health reasons not presenting a threat of

violent behavior this right shall be fully restored immediately without any requirement for affirmative action by the

individual or any agency of government.
I recognize the inherent risk involved in opening the 2A up for political tampering, however given the current state of affairs in which the judicial branch presumes authority to amend the constitution - clarification of "shall not be infringed" would appear to be in order.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Or we could just say that "Shall not be infringed" means "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

I concur on THAT - however there are presently 4 Supreme Court Justices who do not recognize the EXISTENCE of this right -period - so as far as they are concerned there is NO RIGHT subject to infringement.

This issue has to be ISOLATED from the REACH of ANY BRANCH OR JURISDICTION OF GOVERNMENT.

We should all be praying for health & welfare of the 5 Justices who held the majority in Heller/McDonald. If Obama gets a crack at replacing any of those 5 - we will have no choice but to clarify the 2A with another amendment.

Sonora Rebel

I thought the three branches were Curly, Moe & Larry.

Manny, Moe 'n Jack? 'C'mon... it Shuuuuumah! What can you expect? I remember that schmuck holdin' up a 7.62x39 'n claimed: "Dat's da biggest booolit I've evaah seen..." (Oy!) 'Guess ol' Chucky's not seen too many bullets.

rotorhead

Listening to Schumer is like jamming hot tooth picks into my nostrils.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I was going to ask if this answer was to be answered by the way those in charge for the last couple of years have been doing business or if it needs to be based UPON THE CONSTITUTION. After listening to Schumer, I don't even need to answer, but IT SURE EXPLAINS ALOT ABOUT HOW THINGS HAVE BEEN RUN FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS!