Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: How does Bloomberg get away with employing others to commit crimes?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    700

    How does Bloomberg get away with employing others to commit crimes?

    Why do the states that his "undercover agents" go to allow it? Aren't they capable of policing themselves? Wouldn't they be upset over it? Do they and the localities even have prior knowledge of the undercover cronies from NY being there?

    http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13939369

    Anyone else you know that can videotape crimes, tout about it in press releases and news conferences, show the videos, brag about the videos, and brush it off as "herp derp doing some undercover junk derpity derpity" and not have a problem with any law enforcement agency at all?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    He has more personal money than many states could ever really afford in suing that punk.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    a
    Posts
    52
    He has over 20 billion..+ that's more then all the states... this guy is a bigger threat then Hitler ever was.. I just started a facebook page, I want at least 5,000 members this month.. so help me if you can lets get this lunatic voted out... But how do you vote someone out who owns the voting machines... he got rid of term limits in new york... If he becomes President he could get rid of term limits there too and be our leader or dictator forever... http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...75063979204218

    Help me get this ***** out of office..

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    I simply think all the states he has entered need to charged him collectively with all the State/Federal laws he has broken. And make it as public as possible, even with all that money it wont beat the facts of the all the laws he has violated and the public outrage.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    a
    Posts
    52
    maybe if we all AND I MEAN ALL OF US!!!!!! email fox or call fox news about it

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Umm...What crimes?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Umm...What crimes?
    I believe one of his bootlickers made an illegal straw purchase in--I think, VA. Came back to New Jerk City and the pos mayor made a big deal out of it. The boot licker and bloom*** should have been arrested for violation of, and conspiracy to violate, Federal Law. I guess the gun was somehow 'given back.' No citation, just my memory from about 5 years ago. That's when VA and other states passed laws that would prosecute ******* for actions such as this in the future.

    COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    If nothing negative were meant towards Jewish people, why mention his religion or heritage? They are of no consequence to to incident.

    Who committed what straw purchase? If you don't provide verifiable facts, it didn't happen.

    I am in no way supporting the mayor of NY sending folks to other jurisdictions. That is flat wrong. He should spend his resources fighting crime in HIS city. I just don't think we ought to make such charges unless we are willing to back them up with verifiable facts. Let's leave the making of unsubstantiated claims to the antis.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    I think Eye is correct here. I have seen no "illegal" purchases from anyone working for Bloomberg. In the latest one in AZ, the people only said they "thought" they wouldn't pass the back ground check. In fact, all would have, thus no illegal sale. Bloomberg is not stupid enough to destroy his political career by paying people to perform "illegal" acts. Which makes him even more of a joke since in essence he is paying people to make "legal" purchases and trumpeting them as "illegal".
    Last edited by SavageOne; 02-01-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: cuz sum times my spelling just sucs

  10. #10
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461
    Is this the activity in Virginia that you are referring to?

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051001377.html

    Bloomberg has been arming private investigators with hidden cameras and sending them into Virginia gun stores to try to make illegal buys. The process involves "straw purchases," in which one person legally fills out a form and buys a gun for someone else.
    (Attorney General) McDonnell has sent Bloomberg a letter warning him that he and his agents could be charged with a felony if they conduct further stings without the help of Virginia or federal law enforcement officials.
    (Bloomberg spokesman Jason) Post disputed suggestions that the stings involved, as Kaine and McDonnell said, "rogue agents" because New York hired investigators from Virginia. "Were they sent by New York? Sure. But they are not rogues," Post said.

    "They are from the commonwealth of Virginia."
    Last edited by buster81; 02-01-2011 at 06:03 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Tx
    Posts
    326
    Just want to split a legal hair...It's only a straw purchase IF the person you buy the gun for is a prohibited person. You can buy a gun for someone else all you want; for instance for your son/daughter if they're under the legal age to purchase from an FFL.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

  12. #12
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by buster81 View Post
    Is this the activity in Virginia that you are referring to?

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051001377.html
    That's the one. Thanx for the post!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If nothing negative were meant towards Jewish people, why mention his religion or heritage? They are of no consequence to to incident.

    Who committed what straw purchase? If you don't provide verifiable facts, it didn't happen.

    I am in no way supporting the mayor of NY sending folks to other jurisdictions. That is flat wrong. He should spend his resources fighting crime in HIS city. I just don't think we ought to make such charges unless we are willing to back them up with verifiable facts. Let's leave the making of unsubstantiated claims to the antis.
    1) I mentioned a friend who used the term which I would consider offensive were it not for his faith. It was therefore of significant consequence to the incident and posting.
    2) Verifiable facts have been kindly posted by Buster. I'm not in the habit of concocting a statement out of whole cloth and resent your implications. As the link shows, my statement was completely correct even though I could not immediately offer a citation. Your post is akin to antis--not mine.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Again, I would ask, "Who committed what crime?"

    I see nothing in the article indicating that any of Bloomberg's investigators committed any crimes.

    I am in no way defending Bloomberg's actions. They are reprehensible.

    Also reprehensible are hyperbolic charges made without support. Leave that tactic to the antis.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Again, I would ask, "Who committed what crime?"

    I see nothing in the article indicating that any of Bloomberg's investigators committed any crimes.

    I am in no way defending Bloomberg's actions. They are reprehensible.

    Also reprehensible are hyperbolic charges made without support. Leave that tactic to the antis.
    "Convinced that illegal gun sales in Virginia contribute to violent crime in New York, Bloomberg has been arming private investigators with hidden cameras and sending them into Virginia gun stores to try to make illegal buys. The process involves "straw purchases," in which one person legally fills out a form and buys a gun for someone else."

    Conspiracy to violate Federal Law. Conspiracy to and crossing of interstate lines to commit a crime. There's two that should be patently obvious if you took the time to read the post intead of trying to legitimize your attack on my credibility. If in fact they made a straw purchase, as is implied, add that to the ledger. As no hyperboly exists in my posts, your use of the term is inane.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ronmanci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Just want to split a legal hair...It's only a straw purchase IF the person you buy the gun for is a prohibited person. You can buy a gun for someone else all you want; for instance for your son/daughter if they're under the legal age to purchase from an FFL.
    Not in NYS

  17. #17
    Regular Member ronmanci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    152
    The man is clueless when it comes to crime. When Rudy Guliani was mayor he concentrated on the criminals and the crime rate went down. Everyday I can't stand Bloomburg more and more. He blame everyone else for his mistakes. Violent crime is up in NYC so it must be someone elses fault. It can't be his fault or his managers fault? The day the the man accepts responsibility for anything I will be amazed. He pulled this same stunt in VA. The FBI told him to cut it out. So what does he do, he does it again. He should take a good look at the city he is supposed to run, because there is enough work to be done right here. And I think everyone should get ready, because I bet my life he runs for President.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    "Convinced that illegal gun sales in Virginia contribute to violent crime in New York, Bloomberg has been arming private investigators with hidden cameras and sending them into Virginia gun stores to try to make illegal buys. The process involves "straw purchases," in which one person legally fills out a form and buys a gun for someone else."

    Conspiracy to violate Federal Law. Conspiracy to and crossing of interstate lines to commit a crime. There's two that should be patently obvious if you took the time to read the post intead of trying to legitimize your attack on my credibility. If in fact they made a straw purchase, as is implied, add that to the ledger. As no hyperboly exists in my posts, your use of the term is inane.
    You are relying on a quote to say that the acts were illegal. Reliance on that quote is also the basis for all of your conspiracy charges.

    Again, what specific act (not what judgment of the author of the article) did one of the investigators commit that breaks what law? (I suspect the difficulty in answering this question is the same difficulty that prosecutors in VA face or the investigators would have been charged with a crime!

    If you cannot cite such a specific criminal act (including the section of the code violated), then the very title of this thread is hyperbole.

    You can prevent any "attack on [your] credibility" (none has been intended) by pointing to the specific act and the law that was broken.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    You are relying on a quote to say that the acts were illegal. Reliance on that quote is also the basis for all of your conspiracy charges.

    Again, what specific act (not what judgment of the author of the article) did one of the investigators commit that breaks what law? (I suspect the difficulty in answering this question is the same difficulty that prosecutors in VA face or the investigators would have been charged with a crime!

    If you cannot cite such a specific criminal act (including the section of the code violated), then the very title of this thread is hyperbole.

    You can prevent any "attack on [your] credibility" (none has been intended) by pointing to the specific act and the law that was broken.
    This isn't an opinion piece, it is a news article. I cited two, perhaps three, laws that were broken. And the paper it's reported in is anti-gun, so the article is no worse than a fair representation of what happened probably slanted against VA as much as possible. As to conspiracy and what constitutes it, my knowledge is based on education in law and practical knowledge in my profession. Conspiring to commit a crime and then crossing state lines to do it is a Federal Offense in and of itself on two counts. (18 USC various chapters on specifics) The law in VA makes it quite clear that they would be charged with a crime if any repeat occurences happened. That's why bloomdick has stayed the hell away since.


    op cit

    The crime of conspiracy is actually a separate criminal offense. Hanford v. United States, 231 F.2d 661 (4th Cir. 1956). As an example, one can be charged with criminal conspiracy to defraud a bank pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 371, and simultaneously be charged with the specific counts of bank fraud (which were the object of the conspiracy) pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 1344. In other words, the underlying crime (bank fraud) and the conspiracy to commit the underlying crime are two separate offenses. Furthermore, all members of the conspiracy are equally guilty of all crimes committed pursuant to and in furtherance of the conspiracy. For example, if, in the process of committing the bank fraud pursuant to the conspiracy one of the co-conspirators illegally laundered the money proceeds, all of the conspirators would be criminally liable for the unlawful money laundering as well as the bank fraud and criminal conspiracy. United States v. Zabic, 745 F.2d 464, 474-75 (7th Cir. 1984).
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 02-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    You still have not named a specific A C T (nor the S E C T I O N of the code violated) committed by one of Bloomberg's agents. You are relying entirely on a reporter having said that illegal acts were committed.

    Repeat occurrences have not happened because, according to the article in which you place so much confidence, VA passed a new law that makes such an "investigation" illegal. Now. And not then.

    Geez, I guess VA could not prosecute a single crime from the first investigation before the new law was passed. I wonder why not. Could it possibly be that no crime was committed?

    No point in discussing further--at least until you actually name the specific criminal act and the law broken, which I am becoming more convinced, with each post, is nonexistent. Moving on.
    Last edited by eye95; 02-02-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Just highlighted a few of the words. No content was changed.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    You still have not named a specific act (nor the section of the code violated) committed by one of Bloomberg's agents. You are relying entirely on a reporter having said that illegal acts were committed.

    Repeat occurrences have not happened because, according to the article in which you place so much confidence, VA passed a new law that makes such an "investigation" illegal. Now. And not then.

    Geez, I guess VA could not prosecute a single crime from the first investigation before the new law was passed. I wonder why not. Could it possibly be that no crime was committed?

    No point in discussing further--at least until you actually name the specific criminal act and the law broken, which I am becoming more convinced, with each post, is nonexistent. Moving on.
    C O N S P I R A CY. Maybe if I spell it you will finally understand the 'crime.' S T R A W P U R C H A S E. And the citation of law: 1 8 U S C. You're welcome. Other readers can decide who is making sense and who is being obtuse. Now I will move along.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •