Thread: 1986 NFA Machine gun Ban...not legal ?? Wanna get angry ? Taken from AR15.COM

1986 NFA Machine gun Ban...not legal ?? Wanna get angry ? Taken from AR15.COM

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY & EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE Right to keep & bear arms.

Gentlemen,

if there is any way that you could make sure that Claire Wolfe sees this, I know it would make
    a great story for the Enemy at the Gates column in SWAT Magazine.

The firearms world has been buzzing since yesterday about the youtube video that proves
    disgraced Congressman Charles Rangel did not actually have the votes to proceed with the Hughes
    Amendment back on April 10,1986.

Every online forum that has anything to do with firearms is talking about this right now.

This all started on AR15.com back in March of 2010, and member Ajax22 invested his own money
    and time to get this damning video proof that corruption and ethics violatiions are not something that is new to Charles Rangel.

Here is a link to the thread:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...1013300&page=1

Here is a direct link to the video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

This should not only infuriate Claire Wolfe and the staff at SWAT Magazine, but every freedom loving American.

I will be eagerly watching this thread for a response and hope to see an article in SWAT soon.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY & EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE Right to keep & bear arms.

Gentlemen,

if there is any way that you could make sure that Claire Wolfe sees this, I know it would make
    a great story for the Enemy at the Gates column in SWAT Magazine.

The firearms world has been buzzing since yesterday about the youtube video that proves
    disgraced Congressman Charles Rangel did not actually have the votes to proceed with the Hughes
    Amendment back on April 10,1986.

Every online forum that has anything to do with firearms is talking about this right now.

This all started on AR15.com back in March of 2010, and member Ajax22 invested his own money
    and time to get this damning video proof that corruption and ethics violatiions are not something that is new to Charles Rangel.

Here is a link to the thread:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...1013300&page=1

Here is a direct link to the video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

This should not only infuriate Claire Wolfe and the staff at SWAT Magazine, but every freedom loving American.

I will be eagerly watching this thread for a response and hope to see an article in SWAT soon.
    Well we all know Rangel is/was/will be, a bum that should have been put behind bars as an example of justice for all of our elected officials to see.
    This video just confirms that he never had his voters interest in mind at all. He used his position to do what he wanted. Who ever gave him the most money won. It is a little sad that this happened back in 1986, and it is just getting out now.
    Once again, you are correct. The whole story just makes me sick.
    You have said it in the past, and I am starting to agree. We need to hit the "reset" button, before all is lost.

McX
    only the police and military should have access to machine guns, as they are trained so much better than us, and are so much better people than us............akkkkk!..........barf..........sorry had something stuck in my craw.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    only the police and military should have access to machine guns, as they are trained so much better than us, and are so much better people than us............akkkkk!..........barf..........sorry had something stuck in my craw.

--Moderator edited--
    Off topic post deleted.

Aaron I agree. RESET. But Even in our own ranks too many sheep for a RESET to work.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Aaron I agree. RESET. But Even in our own ranks too many sheep for a RESET to work.
    Not everyone was on board for the Revolutionary War or the Civil War.

Note: I am not advocating a war at all.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Not everyone was on board for the Revolutionary War or the Civil War.

Note: I am not advocating a war at all.
    Very true. But I never mentioned war or Revolution

Pray tell what "hit the resent button" means.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Pray tell what "hit the resent button" means.

So your big plan to instill change is a secret.
    You openly berate people within the ranks for not supporting your "reset" plan? Which if I may point out could be hard to do since, you know, you won't tell them what the big plan is....

I see you stocked up on some good weed before the blizzard hit.

BULLY Sir!

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

"Reset Button"

Article 5 of the U.S. Constitution;
    The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Holy crap...

Maybe I am missing something but I am not sure what this video is suppose to prove.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

I admit, I couldn't follow a damn thing (and I was on my state championship parliamentary procedure team).

That's why I quit watching C-SPAN... too much sausage-making.

If the lawyers are able to overturn the Hughes Amendment, hooray. I applaud those who are trying. Over the years, I've just grown too nauseated by the corrupt process to kill myself by getting too deeply into it.

Now all we need is the Supreme Court to through it out. That would be great. Now if we could get Congress to through it out also.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Basically what I see on the tape is a "voice vote" to add the amendment to FOPA, the speaker claims the yes votes won, at that point there is an opportunity for those who voted no to demand a "roll call vote" but they failed to do so.
    The amendment then became part of FOPA and Reagan signed it into law. I don't see anything in the video that suggests the vote was illegal or otherwise invalid.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Basically what I see on the tape is a "voice vote" to add the amendment to FOPA, the speaker claims the yes votes won, at that point there is an opportunity for those who voted no to demand a "roll call vote" but they failed to do so.
    The amendment then became part of FOPA and Reagan signed it into law. I don't see anything in the video that suggests the vote was illegal or otherwise invalid.
    They demanded a recorded vote, and the recorded vote showed that the nays won. Then I got confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    They demanded a recorded vote, and the recorded vote showed that the nays won. Then I got confused.

I will have to watch it again I must of missed it. I did see a recorded vote but I thought it was for something else.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 02-03-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Holy crap...
    this
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    I will have to watch it again I must of missed it. I did see a recorded vote but I thought it was for something else.
    I believe you were right, and the call for a recorded vote was ignored for the Hughes Amendment.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I believe you were right, and the call for a recorded vote was ignored for the Hughes Amendment.
    They voted to not ban MGs. Rangel said they voted to ban MGs, ignoring both the verbal vote and electronic vote. Republicans said it was corruption. Democrats said to stop whining. The media ignored it, because they're paid to agree with one side of the issue.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I'd like to say something, but it would probably be blocked by the mods, so I''ll do it myself.

**** ***** *** ** *** *** ****!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
    I'd like to say something, but it would probably be blocked by the mods, so I''ll do it myself.

**** ***** *** ** *** *** ****!!!
    That about sums up my feelings, as well.

This need to be talked about more, and gain momentum. This law was not passed legally.

There should be no reason why I as a US citizen should not be able to reasonably afford / own a MG.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington