• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1986 NFA Machine gun Ban...not legal ?? Wanna get angry ? Taken from AR15.COM

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY & EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE Right to keep & bear arms.

Gentlemen,

if there is any way that you could make sure that Claire Wolfe sees this, I know it would make
a great story for the Enemy at the Gates column in SWAT Magazine.

The firearms world has been buzzing since yesterday about the youtube video that proves
disgraced Congressman Charles Rangel did not actually have the votes to proceed with the Hughes
Amendment back on April 10,1986.

Every online forum that has anything to do with firearms is talking about this right now.

This all started on AR15.com back in March of 2010, and member Ajax22 invested his own money
and time to get this damning video proof that corruption and ethics violatiions are not something that is new to Charles Rangel.

Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1013300&page=1

Here is a direct link to the video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

This should not only infuriate Claire Wolfe and the staff at SWAT Magazine, but every freedom loving American.

I will be eagerly watching this thread for a response and hope to see an article in SWAT soon.

AaronS

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY & EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE Right to keep & bear arms.

Gentlemen,

if there is any way that you could make sure that Claire Wolfe sees this, I know it would make
a great story for the Enemy at the Gates column in SWAT Magazine.

The firearms world has been buzzing since yesterday about the youtube video that proves
disgraced Congressman Charles Rangel did not actually have the votes to proceed with the Hughes
Amendment back on April 10,1986.

Every online forum that has anything to do with firearms is talking about this right now.

This all started on AR15.com back in March of 2010, and member Ajax22 invested his own money
and time to get this damning video proof that corruption and ethics violatiions are not something that is new to Charles Rangel.

Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1013300&page=1

Here is a direct link to the video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

This should not only infuriate Claire Wolfe and the staff at SWAT Magazine, but every freedom loving American.

I will be eagerly watching this thread for a response and hope to see an article in SWAT soon.

Well we all know Rangel is/was/will be, a bum that should have been put behind bars as an example of justice for all of our elected officials to see.
This video just confirms that he never had his voters interest in mind at all. He used his position to do what he wanted. Who ever gave him the most money won. It is a little sad that this happened back in 1986, and it is just getting out now.
Once again, you are correct. The whole story just makes me sick.
You have said it in the past, and I am starting to agree. We need to hit the "reset" button, before all is lost.

M

McX

only the police and military should have access to machine guns, as they are trained so much better than us, and are so much better people than us............akkkkk!..........barf..........sorry had something stuck in my craw.

AaronS

only the police and military should have access to machine guns, as they are trained so much better than us, and are so much better people than us............akkkkk!..........barf..........sorry had something stuck in my craw.

--Moderator edited--
Off topic post deleted.

HandyHamlet

jerkoff.gif

So your big plan to instill change is a secret.
You openly berate people within the ranks for not supporting your "reset" plan? Which if I may point out could be hard to do since, you know, you won't tell them what the big plan is....

I see you stocked up on some good weed before the blizzard hit.

BULLY Sir!

:cool:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
"Reset Button"

Article 5 of the U.S. Constitution;
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

KBCraig

I admit, I couldn't follow a damn thing (and I was on my state championship parliamentary procedure team).

That's why I quit watching C-SPAN... too much sausage-making.

If the lawyers are able to overturn the Hughes Amendment, hooray. I applaud those who are trying. Over the years, I've just grown too nauseated by the corrupt process to kill myself by getting too deeply into it.

END_THE_FED

Basically what I see on the tape is a "voice vote" to add the amendment to FOPA, the speaker claims the yes votes won, at that point there is an opportunity for those who voted no to demand a "roll call vote" but they failed to do so.
The amendment then became part of FOPA and Reagan signed it into law. I don't see anything in the video that suggests the vote was illegal or otherwise invalid.

Jack House

Basically what I see on the tape is a "voice vote" to add the amendment to FOPA, the speaker claims the yes votes won, at that point there is an opportunity for those who voted no to demand a "roll call vote" but they failed to do so.
The amendment then became part of FOPA and Reagan signed it into law. I don't see anything in the video that suggests the vote was illegal or otherwise invalid.
They demanded a recorded vote, and the recorded vote showed that the nays won. Then I got confused.:rolleyes: