• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A question for my western neigbors

Max

I heard that when Minnesota went to conceal carry that many private locations posted "no guns" signs. Over time someone noticed that the stores that had such signs were victims of armed robbery more often then those establishments that had no such signs posted. Is there any truth to this story? Are "no guns allowed" signs common or rare?

Thanks,
Max from your eastern neighbor of Wisconsin

Gunslinger

Can't be true. Criminals respect "no guns" signs. Seriously, great question. I wonder if any stats are available. Somehow I doubt the leftwing press would publish them.

tazxrulz

Just a guess but I'm guessing if there was a no gun sign a criminal would be more likely to rob the place at gunpoint... It's like when there is a sign that says don't touch people must touch... Or don't walk on the grass people go and walk on the grass..

robdoar

First, Minnesota doesn't have concealed carry, we have a permit to carry (open or concealed).

Nationally, there is data to support that gun free zones are more susceptible to shootings. I've looked, and kind find any Minnesota specific reports.

The vast majority of places that are "posted" here, are not in compliance with 624.714. Not that it matters to criminals at all.