• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site

J Hutson

I have been following this site for awhile now and finally signed up. Just wanted to introduce myself. I live just north of New Orleans and have OC'ed for a while now.I have never had a bad experience carrying locally but want to start OC'ing everywhere I go. Thanks for all the great info.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have been following this site for awhile now and finally signed up. Just wanted to introduce myself. I live just north of New Orleans and have OC'ed for a while now.I have never had a bad experience carrying locally but want to start OC'ing everywhere I go. Thanks for all the great info.

Welcome aboard Hutson.

Check out Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (http://www.laopencarry.org/portal.php) Lots of good people there.

4angrybadgers

Welcome, J Hutson. As Grapeshot so kindly pointed out, LOCAL is a, well, local group of OC supporters. :) Please do drop by the forum and contribute to both LOCAL and OCDO.

I'm a Mississippi resident, but I do travel into some part of Louisiana nearly every weekend, so I try to keep up with the goings-on around there. I see you're from Pearl River; I'd say something nice like "Pearl River! Nice town!" but really I've only been through Pearl River once, and that was just I-59 to Hwy 36, so I can't honestly say anything about it. :lol:

J Hutson

Thanks guys,I look forward to being able to share my OC experiences with the site.So far have not had any negative events but I live in St.Tammany and yall already know how Jack Strain feels about the subject! I plan on getting a voice recorder and doing a little home work. My question is do I need to make it known that they are being recorded?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks guys,I look forward to being able to share my OC experiences with the site.So far have not had any negative events but I live in St.Tammany and yall already know how Jack Strain feels about the subject! I plan on getting a voice recorder and doing a little home work. My question is do I need to make it known that they are being recorded?

Louisiana is a "one party" recording state - you are ONE party. :D
http://www.allencowling.com/record.htm

sraacke

Voice recorders are often discussed in OC forums as something we carry to recoord negative encounters with LEOs for our protection. Another and probably more important use would be to provide a record of a self defense shooting incident. If I should ever be forced to use deadly force to defend myself it will be proof that I followed the law and was in the right. Or I should hope.