Thread: para gi expert 1911

para gi expert 1911

I just bought this gun yesterday and I love it. I got a really good deal on it for 450 at jacks place in HP. I have only one issue wiith the gun its the cheap mags that came with it they don't like 8 rounds in the clips and don't go into the gun well full so has anyone else had this issue oh yeah and I also bought a serpa holster for it today that is a great holster. I also bought a wilson combat mag aswell. so let me know what think

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxside View Post
    I just bought this gun yesterday and I love it. I got a really good deal on it for 450 at jacks place in HP. I have only one issue wiith the gun its the cheap mags that came with it they don't like 8 rounds in the clips and don't go into the gun well full so has anyone else had this issue oh yeah and I also bought a serpa holster for it today that is a great holster. I also bought a wilson combat mag aswell. so let me know what think
    I thought all paras were double stack. I'll wait for Dreamer to chime in and educate me!

Congrats on the purchase. Now go shoot it and knock the x ring out!

Also I'm taking over/under bets on how many minutes go by before someone posts the ole mag v clip comment!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

All Paras are not Hicap/double stack, but they are the only ones I know of who do. The grip becomes too wide for me, though.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

OT but STI does double stack 1911s they call them 2011s (used a lot as race guns)
    and yes para has both double and single
    GO PIRATES!!!!!

Yea the mags are not the best in the world but having a willson combat or two fixes that up. The only other thing i would look out for is the para coat on it mine has rubbed off a bit in my serpa hulster. the way i figure a ugly gun that works is better then a pretty one that will not.

mattwestm
    Quote Originally Posted by RHunter View Post
    Yea the mags are not the best in the world but having a willson combat or two fixes that up. The only other thing i would look out for is the para coat on it mine has rubbed off a bit in my serpa hulster. the way i figure a ugly gun that works is better then a pretty one that will not.
    A while back I thought about getting a GI Expert, but I read some negative reviews about the finish wearing off easily. I decided to pass and bought a Rock Island Armory. I've been happy with it, but it's pretty bare-bones.

Im not sure if they have fixed the para coat or not. I have heard that when they moved that was one of the issuses.

Well I have done some research and I have heard about it but worse come to worse I would send it back to para ans see what they would do about it. I just order some hougue grips with the finger grooves they should be here Friday.

Wink

Good job hydro !

I took a look at a SS GI Expert at the last Greensboro Gun Show and was very impressed. And i'm not even a 1911 guy.
    I hope the two of you will be very happy together
    Also rember the Greensboro Gun Show is this weekend. You can load up on Mags and ammo for some good deals.