• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

para gi expert 1911

hydroxside

I just bought this gun yesterday and I love it. I got a really good deal on it for 450 at jacks place in HP. I have only one issue wiith the gun its the cheap mags that came with it they don't like 8 rounds in the clips and don't go into the gun well full so has anyone else had this issue oh yeah and I also bought a serpa holster for it today that is a great holster. I also bought a wilson combat mag aswell. so let me know what think

Smith45acp

I just bought this gun yesterday and I love it. I got a really good deal on it for 450 at jacks place in HP. I have only one issue wiith the gun its the cheap mags that came with it they don't like 8 rounds in the clips and don't go into the gun well full so has anyone else had this issue oh yeah and I also bought a serpa holster for it today that is a great holster. I also bought a wilson combat mag aswell. so let me know what think

I thought all paras were double stack. I'll wait for Dreamer to chime in and educate me!

Congrats on the purchase. Now go shoot it and knock the x ring out!

Also I'm taking over/under bets on how many minutes go by before someone posts the ole mag v clip comment!

sultan62

All Paras are not Hicap/double stack, but they are the only ones I know of who do. The grip becomes too wide for me, though.

RHunter

Yea the mags are not the best in the world but having a willson combat or two fixes that up. The only other thing i would look out for is the para coat on it mine has rubbed off a bit in my serpa hulster. the way i figure a ugly gun that works is better then a pretty one that will not.

M

mattwestm

Yea the mags are not the best in the world but having a willson combat or two fixes that up. The only other thing i would look out for is the para coat on it mine has rubbed off a bit in my serpa hulster. the way i figure a ugly gun that works is better then a pretty one that will not.

A while back I thought about getting a GI Expert, but I read some negative reviews about the finish wearing off easily. I decided to pass and bought a Rock Island Armory. I've been happy with it, but it's pretty bare-bones.

hydroxside

Well I have done some research and I have heard about it but worse come to worse I would send it back to para ans see what they would do about it. I just order some hougue grips with the finger grooves they should be here Friday.

.357Jedi

Good job hydro !

I took a look at a SS GI Expert at the last Greensboro Gun Show and was very impressed. And i'm not even a 1911 guy.
I hope the two of you will be very happy together
Also rember the Greensboro Gun Show is this weekend. You can load up on Mags and ammo for some good deals.