Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: OT: What's the point?

  1. #1
    Regular Member sigfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Semi-closed account
    Posts
    47

    Question Deleted Post

    Closing account - post removed.
    Last edited by sigfan; 02-02-2011 at 02:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Freedom First's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kennewick, Wa.
    Posts
    850

    Dorks with guns...

    Just like dorks with cars. Or cell phones. Or in this case, computers...

    Ignore him back and go on with life. It's too short anyways to waste in on being offended.

    Keep carrying and smile!
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

    Freedom First 1775

    "I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

  3. #3
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871
    +1 what he said
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  4. #4
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    You could ask him.. oh yeah, he wanted to rant and then ignore.

    That says it all right there imho. Ignore the idiots

  5. #5
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    Well, to this anonomous PM'er, Man Up...

    internet tough guys...
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    Well, to this anonomous PM'er, Man Up...

    internet tough guys...
    Yes. Man up.

    I will ad this. Post the PM. Why you say, isn't it private. No. If you can't say something polite and professional in PM then why say it at all. (Every PM can be retrieved for future legal litigation) I see a PM as a way to communicate about off topic points between friends and not as a method to entice poor behavior.

    I posted a PM that a member sent denigrating me and behold it stops. I have never posted anything on this forum that I would not stand behind in person in a public square.
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfan View Post
    I'm not going to post it, but I understand your point. Again, it isn't about them so much as wondering if 1) "drive by PM-then-ignore" is common, 3) am I supposed to respond anyway, and K) If so, what point would it make?
    LOL, +1 for 1, 3, and K That's just priceless

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Yes. Man up.

    I will ad this. Post the PM. Why you say, isn't it private. No. If you can't say something polite and professional in PM then why say it at all. (Every PM can be retrieved for future legal litigation) I see a PM as a way to communicate about off topic points between friends and not as a method to entice poor behavior.

    I posted a PM that a member sent denigrating me and behold it stops. I have never posted anything on this forum that I would not stand behind in person in a public square.
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfan View Post
    I'm not going to post it, but I understand your point. Again, it isn't about them so much as wondering if 1) "drive by PM-then-ignore" is common, 3) am I supposed to respond anyway, and K) If so, what point would it make?
    Very rare...in my experience.
    No, I wouldn't respond. 99.99% of the time I have ignored and it goes away.
    To respond on the public part of the forum would call out BS from poor members.
    Live Free or Die!

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Sounds like one of the stupid PM's I got from BigDave if so just ignore him. Works for me. Or send the letter to the Moderators, let them deal with it if they choose to do so.

    I am going to follow the advice I got from another respected member any PM's attacking me personally will be posted in the public forum, I announced that and now I have had none.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    I sent it...Post it so there will be no mistake about what I said in the PM, and I will say the same to him face to face. I did not post openly because It would inflame things more than was already posted. I think his diatribe re police is more than counter productive to OC., it is destructive.I support his right to feel the way he does, and to express himself to others. However, posting on a forum that is read by the very people he flames will never advance our cause.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 02-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I sent it...Post it so there will be no mistake about what I said in the PM, and I will say the same to him face to face. I did not post openly because It would inflame things more than was already posted. I think his diatribe re police is more than counter productive to OC., it is destructive.I support his right to feel the way he does, and to express himself to others. However, posting on a forum that is read by the very people he flames will never advance our cause.
    Explain how it's destructive? Do police have power to take away our gun rights? What are you doing to fight against rampant problems in the "justice" system?
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-01-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfan View Post
    Can we please not turn this into another one of those threads. I appreciate the concern -- really. I'm just asking if we can avoid that.

    @Trigger, I'm not posting it. Like I said, I'm not interested in getting into more mud slinging over it. I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do when someone takes a snipe and then says "don't bother responding" because they have me on ignore. Since you apparently are not ignoring me now, should I PM you with a response and we can talk there rather than mudsling differences out here?
    We are playing catch with a porcupine. I am not interested in getting stuck. You got my point and opinion, Nothing more about it from me. End of story.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    I guess..... Bigdave!


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Explain how it's destructive? Do police have power to take away our gun rights? What are you doing to fight against rampant problems in the "justice" system?
    We are in a battle for our rights. One of the objectives in winning this battle, is to get the LEOs to know and obey the laws they are tasked to enforce. This requires building a rapport and somewhat of an understanding of the different requirements of LE. Like it or not, by publicly castigating the very ones we need to convert, we cannot possibly do anything but make them more ANTI OC.
    Having worked in that environment, I can say there are too many bad cops out there, and the blame belongs on not only the LE administrators and politicians but also on those who OC and then show nothing but contempt and disrespect .
    I am not saying fall in love with LEO, but try to use a better tactic.
    I like the way my Father would handle a situation like this He would tell me "There are two ways to kill a cat...Beat it to death with a club, or convince it that chloroform is good for fleas"
    Now Please,let us put this to rest.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 02-02-2011 at 12:08 AM.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfan View Post
    Seriously, this is your argument? You keep wanting to get your point in, but then not expect anyone else to speak their side. I agree that we should put this to bed, but you are NOT helping the anti-LEO cause with your tactics.

    Can we please close this thread before it turns into another mudslinging contest? It's obvious, based on the previous one, that it can't stay on topic and we all have entrenched positions. It just isn't worth discussing.
    Sig, I would open your mind a bit and consider TriggerDr point.
    Live Free or Die!

  16. #16
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfan View Post
    So I got a PM from a rather prominent person on the WA state forum who goes through the process of stating their opinion about me in the form of ad hominem with wild speculation about what I would or would not do in a situation. But they say not to respond because they have me on ignore.

    Is there usually a point to this tactic? What am I missing? Am I supposed to respond even though they are ignoring me? What's the protocol here?

    I'm not reposting the PM or stating who it was. It's not about them -- I want to know what I'm supposed to do with that if anything here.
    Just raise your hand up open palm toward him as he starts speaking and back away leaving him in the learch!

  17. #17
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    SVG and Dave_pro2a wrong as usual

    If only you would have read
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDoc
    I sent it...Post it so there will be no mistake about what I said in the PM, and I will say the same to him face to face. I did not post openly because It would inflame things more than was already posted. I think his diatribe re police is more than counter productive to OC., it is destructive.I support his right to feel the way he does, and to express himself to others. However, posting on a forum that is read by the very people he flames will never advance our cause.
    Last edited by BigDave; 02-02-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  18. #18
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    well,,,

    i kind of saw that coming!!!!

    by by sigfan,,,

    i think hate left over from your run in at the marina got the best of you.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  19. #19
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    and,,,

    his posts still live on in the thread about LEO issues.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  20. #20
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    his posts still live on in the thread about LEO issues.
    The LEO Issues thread is locked. You're unable to edit in a locked thread I believe. Thus, IDK if he can delete them. Either way ....

    So in the same night DevilDoc5 and SigFan leave. Let's see who else we can run off this week. It's becoming a trend.

    I keep thinking I migrated to the Wisconsin forum ...
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 02-02-2011 at 03:39 AM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Angry well,,,

    , ooopppsss!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 02-02-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  22. #22
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Angry well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The LEO Issues thread is locked. You're unable to edit in a locked thread I believe. Thus, IDK if he can delete them. Either way ....

    So in the same night DevilDoc5 and SigFan leave. Let's see who else we can run off this week. It's becoming a trend.

    I keep thinking I migrated to the Wisconsin forum ...
    actually michigan has had a little more attrition over buII snIt than wisconson, IMHO.


    i just reviewed the LEO issues thread.
    i didnt know we lost devildoc5, and now sigfan says hes going too.

    nobody can really make anybody leave, if someone takes a stand and cant back up and take a breath, try to relax, listen to voices of reason, or keep trying to back up their stance, admit to mistakes, that may have been made, learn from them, improve yourself, try to be better, dont build up a resentment to perceived slights.

    ive poked lots of folk on this forum, some are real good guys, and ive been poked right back, ive apologized when i was shown my wrong headedness, and ive got right back into it to try to prove my point with words of reason and cites to law.

    im sorry we may loose devildoc5, and sigfan, but we all got to learn to live in the furnace of this forum, its not really that hot if you can roll with the punches!
    when i miss typed, ive got thick skin, im safe here at my keyboard, i can take my time and think my thoughts at my leisure, no need to get caught up in words typed to soon, in anger, there is always time to EDIT!!
    and make NICE...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •